Anyone have a 95 a/c dash controller with rear defrost laying around?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Well RA was of no help really. If you are buying parts there, aren't you generally working on your own vehicle? They won't warranty my ac delco compressor unless I provide an invoice for a professional doing the flush and evacuate. We replaced the whole system. What a bunch of crap! Oh well, what's another $200 down the drain? just a drop in the bucket where the JYH (Junkyard Hoe) is concerned LOL Gotta laugh, right?
Too bad you don't know a garage who could help you out with a receipt.

NoReverseYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$175 + $40 core !!!!

I am sure I can get one ( or several ) from the salvage yard for probably less than $20 each.

Dawn, just so I understand; is the rear of the '95 unit different than other years, or is it just the wiring harness that is different?

Also, to be sure I bring the right tools to remove this, what tools are required?

OP
OP
dkknaebel

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
$175 + $40 core !!!!

I am sure I can get one ( or several ) from the salvage yard for probably less than $20 each.

Dawn, just so I understand; is the rear of the '95 unit different than other years, or is it just the wiring harness that is different?

Also, to be sure I bring the right tools to remove this, what tools are required?
You need to pull the surround from the dash. Should be just clips that pop lose. The biggest thing with these are the clips/tabs on the side that turn brittle and just break off. Mine is held in with self tapping screws. It is a horrible design. I'm sure I have the harness but anything that is plugged into the back is useful. Some 95s may have this weird attachment that hangs off the back, looks like a plug in circuit board. I doubt I need that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjhorst14

Latest posts