Anyone get their PPV or SSV carpeted?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carpeted mine and had leather uplostered. The carpet with new padding ran me about 400 installed.

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m trying to find a carpet kit for my PPV. The vinyl flooring in mine has no sound proofing underneath (no foam pad) and hear all the road noise.
My SSV has carpet, but not in the cargo area so I have a lot of road noise as well. "Noise" being subjective coming from a lifted jeep with 35" tires. The Tahoe is still much more quiet than it was that's for sure. I'll pull everything up and insulate in some way.

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heck yeah

Front and rear seat carpet kit was around 200 on amazon.

The rubber in my ppv was nasty.
No telling what all was on that disgusting rubber.

posted on here a while back when I installed the carpet kit.

Was fun doing the install
Any tips on this install?

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no, one of the reasons I went for the SSV is because I don't have to worry about spilling anything onto the carpet. Just wipe it down and move on, easy cheesy in my book.!!!!!

Me neither. I loved it that I can just clean it out, mud, snow/ice/salt .... aaand my sister dropping chocolate on the floor on the passenger side. I hate it in the cargo, area, stuff keeps sliding around like it was in a skateboard park.

Ron

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a piece of scrap carpet in the rear for my two dogs, and when it gets dirty I can toss the carpet out and replace with new. Also by having the carpet the stuff doesn't slide around. My Hoe is cheap and easy!!

That is actually an idea, and if i want it fancier, I can always have the edges finished, like it was a doormat or so.

Ron

Eod1

If you see me running, I would try to keep up.
Reaction score
I just left my rubber floor in. It had a noise insulation underneath it. I added weather tech liners. The rubber is better for salt off your boots and drinks spilt. But if you are a carpet guy, that's fine too.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
I just left my rubber floor in. It had a noise insulation underneath it. I added weather tech liners. The rubber is better for salt off your boots and drinks spilt. But if you are a carpet guy, that's fine too.
I got factory rubber removable mats in the front and just added the scrap carpet in the cargo area for the dogs. No i'm like you I like the rubber mat vs carpet.

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got factory rubber removable mats in the front and just added the scrap carpet in the cargo area for the dogs. No i'm like you I like the rubber mat vs carpet.
Mine was carpeted by the PO but not that great. I'm going to redo it with real carpet and a proper sound barrier. The cargo area is still just plastic. I cut a piece of plywood to size and carpeted it so I can leave it in to keep things from sliding around, then take it out if I have something less clean that I want to haul. Works pretty good and looks fairly factory when it's lying there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157