Anyone else wish someone made...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plus unless you change the front bumper, it'll look odd having a random rectangle of chrome mesh where a license plate would go. Denali's pull this off better, which is probably why the Tahoes don't have it.

Ah, but that's just it -- that space, out toward the face of the bumper, is NOT rectangular, but slightly tapered (like the factory grille's general shape). The flat area where the plate would sit is mostly rectangular, but a flush-mounted grill piece would actually taper and follow the general v-shape of the factory grille pieces.

And Negra, yeah, I hear you. It would just be cool if something like this were available on eBay for $50 rather than having to pay $1000 to have it done one-off. I'll leave those expenditures to you and your sick truck! :)

Last edited:

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh I see! That would look cool. Maybe you could get it manufactured, then cut out that space where the plate would sit, and secure it in. But unless you get chrome it won't be that noticeable.

As for me I have a front license plate, for my school. :)

TEXAS DEMON

with a vengeance
Reaction score
Ah, but that's just it -- that space, out toward the face of the bumper, is NOT rectangular, but slightly tapered (like the factory grille's general shape). The flat area where the plate would sit is mostly rectangular, but a flush-mounted grill piece would actually taper and follow the general v-shape of the factory grille pieces.

And Negra, yeah, I hear you. It would just be cool if something like this were available on eBay for $50 rather than having to pay $1000 to have it done one-off. I'll leave those expenditures to you and your sick truck! :)

thanks :) but believe me i have done most of my mods because of that reason, its expensive as hell to one-offs. but i ll have to say very good imagination that you have with that idea. i like it mmmmmmmm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269