Anyone else wish someone made...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...A factory-grille-matching grille piece to fit flush in the Tahoe front license plate space? I do. :)

You don't need a front plate here in PA, and I didn't want to just throw any novelty plate up there, either (in fact, I asked the dealer not to drill that area, wanting to keep it clean). With nothing there, it looks like... Well... Like it's supposed to have something there.

While there are options for the Yukons in this area, I haven't seen anything for Tahoe. I think a matching chrome grille filler piece might look good there.

Even a plain filler piece a la the c5 Vettes would be nice.

Who has access to plastic manufacturing?! Get it done! (I'll sell you this idea, cheap.)

/< / /2 /<

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good idea! What about tow hook covers? They would add that look you're wanting. You can get them with grille sets or maybe on their own.

Like in this set:

GC-CHE-1507-SW.jpg

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, again...

1. Not a huge fan of the grille sets.
2. The lower grilles don't match the factory grille pattern.
3. The lower grilles don't fill the front plate space, which is what I'm talking about here.

If I had to have a front plate in PA, then I wouldn't have posted this. But since I don't, and since there's currently just a big, black, rectangular void below my bumper, I wish there was a piece to fill the space.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Damn I never though about that, could look good but I know E&G makes one for the rear on Eskys.
I just have a chevy plate there from www.licenseplates.tv

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you could maybe get a Z71 front bumper, and somehow fabricate it to fit, cause it has the fender flares, then paint the chrome part to match and voila, no more ugly front license plate area...

just a thought...

other than that, i dunno

gl!

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
No they aren;t Rsinsel, if you have an 07 up car purcahsed after September 1 2007 they are not required for your car, its your choice.
I carry around the "law" or whatever that states it so when I do eventually get pulled over I will whip it out.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, again...

1. Not a huge fan of the grille sets.
2. The lower grilles don't match the factory grille pattern.
3. The lower grilles don't fill the front plate space, which is what I'm talking about here.

If I had to have a front plate in PA, then I wouldn't have posted this. But since I don't, and since there's currently just a big, black, rectangular void below my bumper, I wish there was a piece to fill the space.

Ah yeah I see what you mean. It's as close as they come though! Plus unless you change the front bumper, it'll look odd having a random rectangle of chrome mesh where a license plate would go. Denali's pull this off better, which is probably why the Tahoes don't have it.

I personally would never buy the above set that I showed you, because I'm just like you, I like everything to look factory/OEM, but upgraded.

TEXAS DEMON

with a vengeance
Reaction score
ok this is the other option. CUSTOM MADE
you can cut out the tow hooK part the plate area.you know tha part that is about 2" out more than everything else and have a custom grill.it can be one out of those huge billet grills for ram or ford trucks or a mesh grill. have a specialty shop make the frame out of aluminun and weld the billet grill or mesh grill kind of like the RBP grills. remember anything you can imagine, can be done to a car.

coffey3303

Reaction score
i live in texas, never had a front license plate, one kid had it mentioned to him while being pulled over for something else but was never ticketed. my new tahoe will have the chevy billet grille insert, i want to get some type of matching billet piece for something lower on the front part of the truck, but i doubt ill find a way

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA