Anybody have Engine Shim fix done to stop vibration at Idle??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tommytuna

Reaction score
Folks,

STarting a new thread on this topic. My brand new 2015i LTZ has the rough idle condition (after engine is totally warm). Some say this is normal, I don't believe it as I've rented two other Tahoe's and they were pretty smooth. Not only that it just seems wrong for a 75k vehicle.

GM has a bulletin out that advises the dealer to shim the engine mounts . On other forums, users have had this done and success rate seems good. Wondering if any of you have had this done??

Link to bulletin: http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/?p=3780

OP
OP
T

Tommytuna

Reaction score
Booked in on Monday to have shim fix performed. Will update everyone.

OP
OP
T

Tommytuna

Reaction score
Got car back today. Had antenna leak fixed as well as shim job.

Pleased to say vibration is pretty much gone. Not Lexus smooth but neither were any of my rentals or loaners. Highly recommend the fix.

Jproy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got car back today. Had antenna leak fixed as well as shim job.

Pleased to say vibration is pretty much gone. Not Lexus smooth but neither were any of my rentals or loaners. Highly recommend the fix.

Please describe in detail the intently you had fixed? We just had a huge storm down here and water went all underneath the dashboard of my four month old Yukon. Is there a bulletin for this? Do you have the bulletin number?

I'd like to see the bulletin number on the engine shim as well? I wonder if it applies to the 6.2 L

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
preinternet