Any one drop a 16 Tahoe with 22's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
hers the thing they sit way high in rear. Once you get the truck i can do a 1/1.5/2 drop kit in front with the struts and rear 3.5/4.5 with the belltech kit. Bumpstop brackets will need to be cut depending on how low you go.

here is 2 front/4.5 rear
20160228_151411.jpg

OP
OP
I

itsspeeds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hers the thing they sit way high in rear. Once you get the truck i can do a 1/1.5/2 drop kit in front with the struts and rear 3.5/4.5 with the belltech kit. Bumpstop brackets will need to be cut depending on how low you go.

I've had the Tahoe for a few months now. I'd probably be happy with a 2 in front and 3.4 in the rear. Is the belltech kit available now? I just want a good ride after the drop, so it the spindles are better I will probably wait. I have a mechanic friend who helps me with these drops. We did the 2010 tahoe I had with no issues. I guess cutting the bumpstops would be the only thing we didnt; do with my last one.

Those are 22's in the pic right?

Also, Are there any Rubbing issues on the front with 24's. I know I had to heat up the inner fender wall and bend it in on the 2010 so it wouldn't rub.

Thanks!

here is 2front/4.5 rear
20160228_151411.jpg

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Rides fine on drop struts in front. If you want to wait for spindles no prob.

Rubbing on 24s with my fenderwell mod.... you will be fine

OP
OP
I

itsspeeds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rides fine on drop struts in front. If you want to wait for spindles no prob.

Rubbing on 24s with my fenderwell mod.... you will be fine

Any idea when spindles will be in? Would there be any noticable difference between the spindles and the struts. What about cost?

Last edited:

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
4x4 spindles will come with upper a arms so will be in 600 plus range for the kit.

I have yet to have a person complain about the drop struts at full 2 inch drop will need camber kit in front

OP
OP
I

itsspeeds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4x4 spindles will come with upper a arms so will be in 600 plus range for the kit.

I have yet to have a person complain about the drop struts at full 2 inch drop will need camber kit in front

BY the looks of it there isn;t much difference in the cost. I seen the strut kit on your webpage for the 15's. Already comes with everything and then adding the endlink and bumpstop option.
Is that all I need? THere a discount for forum member and repeat customer?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I can set you up. When your ready pm me and we can go over pricing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM