Any new lowering kits on the market? Which is still the best for a 2"/3" drop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Got-Boost?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to order and just curious if anything new is out on the market or coming out soon that I should wait for?

Is the McGaughy's setup still the best?

I've got a 2016 Yukon Denali with Magnetic Ride....looking to go with 22"s but not against a 24" setup if it's not much different.

http://www.mcgaughys-suspension.com...3-deluxe-drop-kit-mcgaughys-part-34213-34214/

34213_34214_1__65693.1431466336.400.400.JPG

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
rear belltech is the best honestly. Ive done over 20 autoride 2015 suvs. My strut mod in front and rear belltech kit with bracket cut off frame.

My strut mod doesnt change ride and you can do 2 inches. IN rear the belltech 5305 springs ride very well.

Any questions just ask. Ill be at sema talking to roel and will have some good news for the newer trucks for spindles

OP
OP
G

Got-Boost?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rear belltech is the best honestly. Ive done over 20 autoride 2015 suvs. My strut mod in front and rear belltech kit with bracket cut off frame.

My strut mod doesnt change ride and you can do 2 inches. IN rear the belltech 5305 springs ride very well.

Any questions just ask. Ill be at sema talking to roel and will have some good news for the newer trucks for spindles

This is the first I've heard of that setup. Most recommend spindles to lower it properly in front. No chance I'm cutting the frame so what other options do you recommend and what's better about Belltech?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
google norcal ss strut mod Been doing this since late 06 on the autoride nnbs trucks and now on the 15s up. the 15s up use the same strut snap ring design.

I like belltechs because they dont change full turning radius. And for the free travel mod your not cutting into the frame your cutting a bracket off which gives you more travel and better ride.

google tahoe free travel mod. since 1999 its been done and so you konw from 00 to 2016 from rear doors back gm changed nothing on the frame. Same a arms same mounting locations etc.

OP
OP
G

Got-Boost?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
google norcal ss strut mod Been doing this since late 06 on the autoride nnbs trucks and now on the 15s up. the 15s up use the same strut snap ring design.

I like belltechs because they dont change full turning radius. And for the free travel mod your not cutting into the frame your cutting a bracket off which gives you more travel and better ride.

google tahoe free travel mod. since 1999 its been done and so you konw from 00 to 2016 from rear doors back gm changed nothing on the frame. Same a arms same mounting locations etc.

Seems like a cheap way to lower it but I don't have time to send out the strut and wait anyway. I'd rather just order the parts and install it all at once and keep my OEM stuff untouched. I'm more concerned with a lot of people reported killing struts after doing it? No chance I'm cutting the bracket off the frame at this point, maybe later when the warranty is out but not right now.

I don't see Belltech listing spindles anywhere for the 15-16?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Like I said I'll have more info after sema. Belltech at this time doesn't have spindles.

Rear belltech kit still works as well as the djm links for swaybar angle

The kit is adjustable from 2.5 to 3.75 on the rear so can dial it in.

hp_therapy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
MaxTrac Suspension is just releasing a 2/3 drop kit. It will be using a spindle for the front. They will be showing it off at SEMA this year.

OP
OP
G

Got-Boost?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems a few companies are releasing new drop kits. With that in mind what are they improving or changing over what's currently available? Is something not good or ideal about what's out now?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
the rear is the SAME thing. Nothings changed this is why ive been using the belltech rear kit with 5305 springs which ride the best and many can agree. only thing in front the spindles have changed. For those that want to wait for it spindles would be a easier way to go.

maxtrac i used to sell and rear wont be for autoride. 5305 coils have been proven for these trucks for over 13 years now on the rear.

OP
OP
G

Got-Boost?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the rear is the SAME thing. Nothings changed this is why ive been using the belltech rear kit with 5305 springs which ride the best and many can agree. only thing in front the spindles have changed. For those that want to wait for it spindles would be a easier way to go.

maxtrac i used to sell and rear wont be for autoride. 5305 coils have been proven for these trucks for over 13 years now on the rear.

Okay, so what's different on the spindles or changing? What is wrong with what's currently available? Does it change the steering geometry, reduce turning radius, what?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157