Any interior drone with SLP res delete?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Griff38

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
for those that have the SLP res delete do you have interior drone on the highway? Especially when the fuel management kicks in? Thanks!

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No drone on the highway or ever unless you have a different intake tube and/or exhaust.

When I added the SLP to my otherwise stock 2008, the only really noticeable change was a very throaty startup note and slightly noticeably deeper overall tone, mainly at lower speeds.

I added the Airaid M.I.T. and that alone made a surprisingly big difference in growl under heavy throttle with just a barely detectable bit of drone only when accelerating under load. The drone is attributed to the intake tube and not the SLP.

My theory is that the SLP tone is more noticeable on pre-2009 trucks, and I think this is because the 2007 & 2008 models have only two (2) cats whereas 2009+ have three (3) cats. The fewer the cats, the more noticeable the exhaust note.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no drone whatsoever with just the SLP resonator delete kit when installed on my '07. In fact, taking the resonator off made virtually no different in sound at all. Just made it look a million times better over that ugly dingleberry hanging from under neath the rear bumper.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll see about creating a video of startup on my 2008 with SLP kit. Sounds like an aftermarket exhaust to me.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no drone whatsoever with just the SLP resonator delete kit when installed on my '07. In fact, taking the resonator off made virtually no different in sound at all. Just made it look a million times better over that ugly dingleberry hanging from under neath the rear bumper.

No SLP kit, but I did cut off the resonator as mentioned above. No difference in tone or note and looks much cleaner.

IMG_1944.JPG IMG_1945.JPG

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had compared notes with @Fosscore back when I was deciding whether to do the pure cut-off solution he shows in this thread or go with the SLP kit. I was surprised at the throaty startup tone on my rig with the SLP kit, and I mentioned to him that my unscientific theory is that the SLP tips act as a small megaphone, at least at start up.

I'll get the video going today or tomorrow and share it.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I remember we went back and forth. I cut the resonator off first, you got the SLP and thankfully took that Airaid M.I.T. before I did as well. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerodmortensen