Another Door Molding Remover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redhoe01

The BDG
Reaction score
I removed mine with a hair dryer and some fishing line.. Mine is an 01 that had 120,000 at the time and no paint came off. Very glad I did it. Only one or two colors look better with the molding. Mine had the black molding on the red, horrible.

gtbigup01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you guys tahoe and kons look good with the strip molding removed. I however dont think I will ever pull mine off, it's one of the things that designates mine as different from other yukons visually.

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i wish i had the denali door molding that runs just above the rocker panels. its over $500 from the dealer sooooo i guess ill do without. too much other stuff to spend $500 on.

gtbigup01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wish i had the denali door molding that runs just above the rocker panels. its over $500 from the dealer sooooo i guess ill do without. too much other stuff to spend $500 on.

Man didn't know they were that much. Can't find any at ur local junk yard?

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
ive checked. its all mismatched pieces. i guess i could frankenstein together a set but it usually costs more that way

OP
OP
SSmurdered

SSmurdered

i know u see me
Reaction score
i didnt even use a heat gun. i used a plastic bondo applicator to start the edges then just pulled hard as ****. i got this magic eraser on my cutting wheel to take the left over tape off. then a clean towel with some bug and tar remover cleaned it right up. all 4 doors took less than 30 minutes. i highly recommend the magic eraser. ive used a heat gun and my fingers to peel left over tape before, i got the same results but with a few blisters and it took forevvvvvver :(