Another center console organizer option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sneasle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m enjoying the one I bought for mine. Definetely makes the console more useable.

asx455

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm so glad I saw this thread. I'm ordering the new organizer to replace my factory one and, I'm ordering a new gun safe as well. Merry Christmas to me. Thanks guys.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can get a pic of it later this evening.

Basically it's one of those approx. 10"x6"x2" thick boxes placed with the hinge at the front of the console and combo or key towards the 12v outlet and usb port in the rear. I have it about a 1/2" from the passenger side wall and have it forward enough from the rear so I could use the outlet or usb and still open it enough to place my CCW or wallet, or whatever into. When I open the lid it will eventually stop opening when it touches the front lip of the console opening, about at a 45 degree angle.

To mark the 2 screw locations, I just loosened the screws a bit so the heads were sticking up a bit over the screw recesses in the console floor and rubbed chalk on them. I then placed the box where I wanted it and made sure it contacted the screw heads to leave marks for drilling.

I drilled the holes a bit bigger so I had a little wiggle room to position it exactly where I wanted before tightening it down. I used a couple fender washers in the screw recesses in the console floor to make them the same level as the floor, and also used a fender washer under each screw head inside the lock box. The foam or felt inside the lock box covers them.

Oh, and I used about a 1/2" longer automotive interior screws to make up for the depth of the recess the screws go into.

EDITED TO ADD PICSView attachment 323517View attachment 323518
Old thread, but since you're still around here @gooffeyguy , just checking to see if you still like this solution. Going to install a gun safe for our long trip starting this weekend and this looks perfect. I have my CC, and I checked the rules for all of the states we're traveling through/to and this will make us legal.

Reaction score
Old thread, but since you're still around here @gooffeyguy , just checking to see if you still like this solution. Going to install a gun safe for our long trip starting this weekend and this looks perfect. I have my CC, and I checked the rules for all of the states we're traveling through/to and this will make us legal.
I still have it installed and it works great. I also have one of those divided organizer trays for the center console, so when you open the console lid you just see that and unless you know that it goes deeper you won't think anything of it.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still have it installed and it works great. I also have one of those divided organizer trays for the center console, so when you open the console lid you just see that and unless you know that it goes deeper you won't think anything of it.
Fabulous! Thank you. I'll order both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE