Another center console organizer option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stupid me. I don’t even have a center console, mines a jump seat so it won’t work. I’m not gonna return it to Amazon so if someone wants one for $15 shipped let me know. I’ll send it your way.

7B6EA83E-B11B-4F71-85EC-B7CAD2E6F694.jpeg

shreksbrother

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had the OEM accessory organizer in my Yukon and now in my Silverado. It's decent, but it's very open and has slots for CD's without any real organization. Saw this on Amazon the other day For $20 and grabbed it.

It's about an inch shorter than the GM one, but everything I carry in the GM one fits fine in this. I just started using it today so I'll come in here in a few days and edit this post with my feedback, but I think this is a better option than the GM one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C97MPCW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

GM one on left, aftermarket one on right

RdIGcTa.jpg

1vPAwo2.jpg

MpAwkee.jpg
Thanks for the heads up. Mine just arrived today and does a great job hiding the cr*p in the cavern beneath it! Now I look all organized and such!

Sent from my Galaxy Note9 using Tapatalk

BMPNUGLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I did to keep access to everything below and power/USB ports etc is bought a desk “pencil tray organizer” like you’d see at a school in a desk. If you get one that is ~12-3/4” long it fits perfect in the hanging file rails inside the console..and is only about 4-6” wide depending on the one you get. Keeps all my pens, lighter, flashlight, box opener, Carmex, etc etc and leaves the below for the big items. And the best part they are only a couple bucks shipped on eBay...

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought one also, got it 2 days later! One of the best upgrades yet on the PPV.

Reaction score
I ordered one and it was delivered this afternoon. It's nice to be able to keep larger items like the owners manuals and stuff below this organizer and able to keep pens and change in this tray.

I actually have a combination lock box screwed down using the factory mounts in the bottom of the console that I use to put my CCW into when I can't take it with me. This tray organizer clears the lockbox

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon XL Denali
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Was the lock box designed for the Yukon or did you drill some holes to match the factory mounts? If it was designed for the Yukon, please post the manufacturer and model number.
Thank you!

Reaction score
Was the lock box designed for the Yukon or did you drill some holes to match the factory mounts? If it was designed for the Yukon, please post the manufacturer and model number.
Thank you!
Not designed, drilled holes in bottom of it to match factory mounting holes and used longer screws

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon XL Denali
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Thanks for the response - it gives me an idea or two.

I can get a pic of it later this evening.

Basically it's one of those approx. 10"x6"x2" thick boxes placed with the hinge at the front of the console and combo or key towards the 12v outlet and usb port in the rear. I have it about a 1/2" from the passenger side wall and have it forward enough from the rear so I could use the outlet or usb and still open it enough to place my CCW or wallet, or whatever into. When I open the lid it will eventually stop opening when it touches the front lip of the console opening, about at a 45 degree angle.

To mark the 2 screw locations, I just loosened the screws a bit so the heads were sticking up a bit over the screw recesses in the console floor and rubbed chalk on them. I then placed the box where I wanted it and made sure it contacted the screw heads to leave marks for drilling.

I drilled the holes a bit bigger so I had a little wiggle room to position it exactly where I wanted before tightening it down. I used a couple fender washers in the screw recesses in the console floor to make them the same level as the floor, and also used a fender washer under each screw head inside the lock box. The foam or felt inside the lock box covers them.

Oh, and I used about a 1/2" longer automotive interior screws to make up for the depth of the recess the screws go into.

EDITED TO ADD PICS59bc8ec6c8683190ff276dd791266318.jpg77fa08309067066ade7d80b85a6c26d5.jpg

Last edited: