Another brake thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So at 27k I had new tires put on my 16’ escalade and the dealership said I would need brakes sooner than later. 33k miles they said the truck couldn’t be serviced again till the brakes are done. Sunday I had my buddy install R1 concepts pads and drill/ slotted geomet rotors. He’s a GM mechanic at a local Chevy dealer. The rears were still mint he said at least another 10k miles. The front pads were cracked and where they cracked it grooved the rotors. He told me I should put a claim in with Cadillac, but I’m not sure if it’s worth it or not.

SubSonic

Reaction score
Unless I'm missing something, if the rotors have already been pulled and replaced with the drilled/slotted ones, it's doubtful GM will do anything about the old rotors that have already been pulled off the vehicle.

OP
OP
TechSupport

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They wanted to do the brakes because of the cuts in the stock rotors. My issue was the pads broken in half. I would think that’s a defect

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz