Amp fuse location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

druiddonn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My two tens with a box and amp are in the mail I'd like to see pictures of under the hood wiring specifically tied into the battery and where you chose to locate your fuse

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My two tens with a box and amp are in the mail I'd like to see pictures of under the hood wiring specifically tied into the battery and where you chose to locate your fuse
on the nbs's typically people will mount the fuse to the side of the main fuse box, then route your power wire thru the firewall next to where the main wire harness feeds thru, then run the power wire & amp turn on wire down the drivers side under the kick panels, then make your ground in the back, typically the metal tiedown loops that are bolted to the frame in the back are easy to connect a ground to. then run shielded rca cables down the passenger side, (keep the amp power wires and rca cables separated) reason being the power wire will create interference with the rca audio cables and make a ground feedback and you will end up with a buzzing noise or alternator noise.

OP
OP
druiddonn

druiddonn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on the nbs's typically people will mount the fuse to the side of the main fuse box, then route your power wire thru the firewall next to where the main wire harness feeds thru, then run the power wire & amp turn on wire down the drivers side under the kick panels, then make your ground in the back, typically the metal tiedown loops that are bolted to the frame in the back are easy to connect a ground to. then run shielded rca cables down the passenger side, (keep the amp power wires and rca cables separated) reason being the power wire will create interference with the rca audio cables and make a ground feedback and you will end up with a buzzing noise or alternator noise.
Thank you I've looked up on Google image and haven't found a good example of it yet but your written description is what I had in mind I will post a picture thank you for your response

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe that @Doubeleive gave you a great roadmap for the installation of the electrical portion of your audio system upgrade.

On my NNBS, I installed the main fuse on the firewall, coming out of the input side of the truck's main fuse, coming off the battery.

main fuse.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy