Am I getting the run around on a 22?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dustindu4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back in August I put a pre-order in at the local dealer for a 22 Denali. A week ago the dealer said they still had no pricing or news on when orders could be placed. But I don't see 22 pricing online yet so I believed them. Then I see that people here have their 22 Yukons being built already.

Dealer didn't take a deposit. Do you think I'm being jerked around? Should I just go somewhere else?

Wileybird03

Reaction score
I’m in same boat! Ordered 22 ultimate dirtymax Yukon September 6 and haven’t heard a thing!

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am a Chevy guy. And I have dealt with the same sales guy for three decades. I have 2 Tahoe’s designed and in the system but he has no allocation yet. There have been some new constraints added. No floor liners and there is only a two position lumbar now.

Cliff-Yukon

Reaction score
I ordered mine 9/13 - well equipped SLT trim. Although retail website only has ‘21 info my salespersons screen had all the ‘22 pricing a month ago…. I got my 6 digit order number before I left dealer. The order did take about 4 weeks for GM to accept. Likely both due to limited dealer allocation and GM just slow to accept. As of now I’ve got a target production week of 12/6.

So to answer you- your dealer should have all 22 info. It’s a beep show on GM end tho due to constraints - chip shortages - limited allocations to dealers. I think Just adding all weather mats to your order could result in GM not accepting the order. A good salesman should know current constraints and help build a vehicle that has higher odds of getting accepted

OP
OP
D

Dustindu4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just figured out this dealer has 21s now in transit with 5k markups. I'm going somewhere else now. All set with that

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A year ago I thought paying MSRP= Crazy.... Now paying MSRP= Lucky....

Its a new world order in car buying and I don't see it changing any time soon....

Z15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
contact [email protected] with the order number. If the Event Code is 1100 it means dealer DOES NOT have allocation to place the order. They are hoping GM will pick it up. Note-System in down on Sunday so no one can lookup it up.

When you place an order with a dealer, the status is 1100. UNTIL GM ACCEPTS the order, it just sits there at 1100. You don't have an order with GM at this point. You only have a dealer requesting an allocation for a slot in the production schedule. Dealers are awarded allocation based on past performance, as well as other factors. If you are sitting at 1100 you are not in line yet for production. When GM accepts the order, all the parts are available and will be allocated to your car build.

Skud

Reaction score
I’ve been waiting for my 2022 Denali XL Diesel order to be picked up. It’s still at 1100 after a month.

I spoke to the dealer a couple times about their allocations and if this is why I’m still at 1100. He told me that they have plenty of allocations for Yukons, but GM has constraints on what exactly they can order on a particular week. For example, he said last week he could only order SLTs with bench seats.

Also, he said that they get their weekly allocations and learn of constraints on Tuesdays.

Is there any truth to this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645