Alright, we've got mpg and overall miles, how about how many hours?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redeuce

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the reassurance. As I said, runs great- no smoke, no leaks, no misfires, no bad obd codes, no oil in cooling system, no coolant in oil, no bottom end noise, and it was not the typical "cop" truck. I guess the evidence technician was a little easier on it. Interior was clean, no rips or tears. When I saw the 12K, I almost fell over. I don't know much about the 4.8L. I'm going to be around on the forum now. Great site guys!

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score

No shit that didn't last long.

Hi

I'm new here, but I think I have you all beat. 98,500 miles- 12,137 hours. I wish
I would have known about this feature before I bought the truck! It was a Municipal auction- 2003 Tahoe that was used by the evidence technician of a city police department. What does that compute to in regular driving miles- about half a million? lol

yeah, it's not the engines that are weak, its the transmissions that will be the weak link. As long as she running good I wouldn't sweat it. Yours just spent a lot of hours sitting still running.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
I would avoid buying a used cop car, though. They beat and drive the hell out of them.

swtz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have 76,393 miles with 810 hours on my 04 tahoe

Jim_Rockford

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just a note, The rule of thumb for Miles equal idle time , Is for ever 1 hour idling, You occur close to 30 miles of wear on an engine. so you can't really get a true figure if MPH vs hours run. Plus I bet your hour counter counts even if the key is on and the engine not running.

redeuce

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just a note, The rule of thumb for Miles equal idle time , Is for ever 1 hour idling, You occur close to 30 miles of wear on an engine. so you can't really get a true figure if MPH vs hours run. Plus I bet your hour counter counts even if the key is on and the engine not running.

That's a good point about just the ignition being on, if that is how it works. This truck has dual batteries, maybe he had the accessory on a lot. Who knows. I did talk to a friend of mine who says he's seen many come through his shop, and the engine is pretty much bullet proof, aside from a few maintenance concerns.................. He told me, get in and drive the wheels off it...............

Ojustracing

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was snooping on ebay and there is a 06 police tahoe. Thing has 75327 miles, check this out 13,790.9 hrs. Its super clean. But thats alot of hrs.

John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruzic99