Already blew a bag.. need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

titanium02

w7's or bust.
Reaction score
I was sittin in the car this morning and thought to myself that I havn't checked the psi of my helper bags. I go to measure and got like 3psi.. I knew they were filled with about 6-7 psi so I looked at them.

The drivers side bag looked good, but the passenger one had seemed to have folded onto itself. I crawled under to get a better look and saw a small area that looked pretty bad.. so I felt up with my hand and felt a sharp edge .. a tear.

Only been dropped for 3 weeks lol.

I know blizzard had the same problem.. I just dont really have any tools to do it. Bein in the navy sucks when it comes to working on your own car.

How do I replace the bag?

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
you dont need any tools at all bro...I installed and removed then re-installed my bag with just pliers

what you do is..if you have enough slack in your air hose....compress your blown bag (by hand), pull it through your coil..and disconnect the air line from the top...if you dont have enough slack, do whatever you can to get the air line disconnected...then compress the blown bag and slip it through your coil

btw...jack the truck up till the tires are almost off the ground...so your coils de-compress and give you more space to pull the bag out...

If you have a bag to replace it...compress the new bag and put that little rubber cap that comes on it...back onto the stem (prevents the new bag from sucking in air and re-forming)...slip it into your coil....put the air line back on...get it as straight as possible....take off your air valve at the bumper so it fills with air naturally...then keep straightening the bag (by hand, pull and push and twist till the bag is straight and not twisted or anything)...make sure both bags are straight...make sure your exhaust isnt too hot for your bag (I never put the shields on mine..but it hasnt been an issue..I just pumped too much air into it too fast..*uncles commercial pump at his shop lol...*

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

If you have any questions...or need anything explained a little better, lemme know

OP
OP
titanium02

titanium02

w7's or bust.
Reaction score
dude thanks a ton for the write-up :Handshake:

What im wondering is if these roads here are too rough for it.. I put in a lite extra air for the trip home and just left it. I'll replace the bag as soon as I can get another one here..

It might take like a week for me to fix.. how bad is it to drive with a blown bag?

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you ever drive with the drop and no bags?

No, its not the roads that are doing it...Im super ******* my entire truck...sometimes you get a weak bag, sometimes you put too much air in them, sometimes exhaust heat can have an affect...tons of reasons...maybe some sharp corner did it...iono...

but yea, you can drive without the bags..its just not as nice though...I drove with one bag blown for more then a week I think...and towing a trailer with two motorcycles up to reno through the hills...no issues (I left the other bag in...but it wasnt inflated)

OP
OP
titanium02

titanium02

w7's or bust.
Reaction score
thanks bro.. im gonna fix it asap.. just wanted to make sure it was strait.

I'm kinda glad this happened to you lol ;)

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

yeah newport news is horrible

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
They have a lifetime warranty so send it back to airlift for another, just pay shipping. I'm not running any pressure in mine at the moment as the ride with free travel mod and the bilsteins is excellent...I think the deflated bag acts as a bumpstop because it has yet to bottom out and sits the lowest it ever has.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I love my bilsteins but have to buy shocks since I'm going lower. The bilsteins ride fantastic and are 1/2 the price of the foxes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo