Airaid mit quick question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LTN09

Reaction score
I Just ordered one from auto zone, pt#200-996.
Installation was pretty difficult. It seems as if the fitment is not well. I can't clip it at the bottom either. Is it okay if the hose is touching the intake tube underneath?

and is that how it is suppose to be connected to the air breather?

Attachments

• image-1.jpg
    image-1.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 62
OP
OP
L

LTN09

Reaction score
Here are some better pics,
Also, its a 2013 tahoe.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 58
  • image-2.jpg
    image-2.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 57

cjweb11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what i can see in ur pics, everything looks ok.
I went and checked mine (which has been on for 20k miles)
while i was able to get the plastic barb into the airaid MIT on istallation i noticed it has since popped out (pic below) there is minimal contact and nothing to cause alarm

hope this helps

Attachments

• airaid1.jpg
    airaid1.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 38
  • airaid2.jpg
    airaid2.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 48
  • airaid3.JPG
    airaid3.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 41

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it a difficult instal? I have mine sitting in the back of my truck, havent had a free minute all week! smh

OP
OP
L

LTN09

Reaction score
Nope, Just make sure everything is on tight and no vacuum leaks. My engine died on my a couple times a at a stop because I didn't check the install to make sure everything was ok, LOL. Freaked me out!
But its really easy and sounds alot better. So get to it!

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, Just make sure everything is on tight and no vacuum leaks. My engine died on my a couple times a at a stop because I didn't check the install to make sure everything was ok, LOL. Freaked me out!
But its really easy and sounds alot better. So get to it!

Super easy and straight forward! Less then 15 minutes and half that time was trying to remove the top plastic engine cover......

Yuk_Nali_6.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't like the hot radiator hose touching mine so I stuffed a piece of black detailing foam between the hose and MIT.

YukonXLPerk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put one on my 06 tahoe and had no issues. The fit was REALLY tight and it took a bit to fit it onto my TB. It def gave me more bottom end power, and the sound was awesome on the inside.

Just not sure I want to do it on my 07 yukon xl. Almost no road noise on the inside.......its actually nice.