Air ride help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank youuu
FYI those rarely go out, they’re a computer. More common is the ground wire being corroded on the compressor. It’s separate, it kind of branches off the wiring harness to a ring terminal on the frame. That was my problem after I installed a new compressor. The ring terminal wasn’t connected to the wire very good because of corrosion.

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have air suspension on the rear of my 2006 Escalade. I've never heard the compressor and i recently had loaded the car heavier and had the feeling that it was hanging a bit. So the air suspension seemt not start. I saw on the right rear damper that the rubber is slightly damaged on one side. I don't know if that's just an outer shell or if that's the air bellow itself.

I know the air suspension from my Mercedes S-Class, but the system is fully air, so when the compressor did not start, the car lies on the floor.
Is the air suspension here, just a support? Or would the back sink down, when it not works?

Could it be that my predecessor shut down the system and I still don't get an error message? Is there a fuse somewhere? How can I test whether the system starts? Where is the compressor? At the back somewhere on the axle?

OP
OP
W

Wings720

Reaction score
I fixed the rear issue and the air ride is now working correctly. I think the front now has also developed issues. The auto ride system? How can I test or activate it or even just determine if I’m just losing my mind lol?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I fixed the rear issue and the air ride is now working correctly. I think the front now has also developed issues. The auto ride system? How can I test or activate it or even just determine if I’m just losing my mind lol?
The front is not air, it’s a fluid filled system that changes damping electronically. It doesn’t raise or lower the front of the vehicle. The only thing that happens if the front isn’t working is display “ service suspension” message on the DIC and you might notice a slight difference in cornering or hard braking where the nose dives a bit more than normal. Most people wouldn’t even notice, you’re more likely to notice the shocks getting worn out than the electronic damping not working.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And the only way to test the system is with a bidirectional scanner like the GM Tech2 or Snap-On Soleus. A shop with a scanner can read the suspension system codes and provide you with them, for a fee of course. There’s a list of members here with Tech2’s that are willing to help other members.

OP
OP
W

Wings720

Reaction score
The front is not air, it’s a fluid filled system that changes damping electronically. It doesn’t raise or lower the front of the vehicle. The only thing that happens if the front isn’t working is display “ service suspension” message on the DIC and you might notice a slight difference in cornering or hard braking where the nose dives a bit more than normal. Most people wouldn’t even notice, you’re more likely to notice the shocks getting worn out than the electronic damping not working.
Thank you. I’m so paranoid about this air ride stuff lol.