air conditioner won't start (blinks)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johns2008

Reaction score
This summer my air conditioner won't start up. the panel lite blinks is all i get, can i put some freon in it and what type is used in a 2008? thanks jr

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tons of reasons why they just blink sometimes like that.

some back story on the truck? but I wouldn't go just trying to add some random freon without checking some other things first.

when did it last work?

MurkedDenali07

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine was low on Freon and it fixed it when I added Freon but as ^ he said there’s quite a few things that can cause it it’s kinda like a protect mode I guess

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was low on Freon and it fixed it when I added Freon but as ^ he said there’s quite a few things that can cause it it’s kinda like a protect mode I guess

mine did it once on the wife and after her next stop, turning it off and on again it has never done it again.

I've also read the take both battery cables off and hold them together for a while will reset it. but yeah, mainly you need to know if there's already freon in it or not. these newer ac systems don't like to be low or high

MurkedDenali07

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
mine did it once on the wife and after her next stop, turning it off and on again it has never done it again.

I've also read the take both battery cables off and hold them together for a while will reset it. but yeah, mainly you need to know if there's already freon in it or not. these newer ac systems don't like to be low or high
That may have been what could have fixed mine come to think of it because I had unhooked my battery in the middle of messing with the ac to change something else out and the resetting of the system may have fixed it or a mix of the two adding the Freon and resetting it. Seems like a lot of ac problems around this time.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That may have been what could have fixed mine come to think of it because I had unhooked my battery in the middle of messing with the ac to change something else out and the resetting of the system may have fixed it or a mix of the two adding the Freon and resetting it. Seems like a lot of ac problems around this time.

summer is coming fast. we have been lucky, some good rain and it's helped Temps. but 100 next week, which is like 130 inside the car after sitting in the sun for an hour or 3.

very ******* all ac units.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons