Aftermarket trannys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
96ProCompTahoe, I would try to keep the tranny you have and IF it fails then upgrade. You already spent the money, why not at least break it first :)

no worries, i don't have a whole lot in it. had a buddy build it, really the only expensive parts were the torque package. wish i could remember the link for them to post it up. it was on the old PC before it burned.

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a beefed up 4l60 in my 95, and its handled so much i went to a local non franchised shop and they hooked me up for cheap, try to stay away from exspensive, franchise shop they over price.

rucr8z2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody used these guys:

http://www.transmissioncenter.net/4l60e.htm

Their Mega-Raptor will support 700hp and has a TQ rating of 700....I think I read on this page you can switch down in any gear at any speed...that sounds nugn futs to me

BOSS

I've installed a couple of their level 2's and told them exactly what they were for and they spec'd them up per application no extra charge--- although the last one was for a 2001 gmc pu with 38 boggers,5.13 gears and the tranny would snap your neck on the 1-2 shift so they sent a revised valvebody to fix the problem.. good people to work with and a solid tranny!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittyboop0510