Aftermarket speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pjtoy2

Banned
Reaction score
I'm looking to replace my bose system with all new aftermarket amp and components. What speakers did you guys go with and what do you recommend. I'm thinking Infinity or MB Quart components for front or rear.

Also, do you know what size speakers I need for my 03 Tahoe? Crutchfield says 6.5 for front and rear but other have told me the rear are 5.25.

I also know i have tweeters in my A and D pillars, anybody know the sizes?

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2004 Tahoe / I am running 6.5 Focal Polyglass components up front and 6.5 Focal Polyglass coaxials in the rear doors. 10" subs in the rear. Running everything off Alpine PDX-5.

abladeafficionado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to replace my bose system with all new aftermarket amp and components. What speakers did you guys go with and what do you recommend. I'm thinking Infinity or MB Quart components for front or rear.

Also, do you know what size speakers I need for my 03 Tahoe? Crutchfield says 6.5 for front and rear but other have told me the rear are 5.25.

I also know i have tweeters in my A and D pillars, anybody know the sizes?

Before we can offer any solid advice, we need to know your budget.

Regardless of what you install, deaden your doors. It's a cheap way to improve your sound quality.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
go kicker. its what i got and works good and clear at the loudest on my stereo. if you want a head unit too then get a jensen flip out touch screen. its 200ish and its got a freakin tv

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

o yea and im running 2 10s with a 400 4ch jensen amp. 4x6 kickers in the dash, 4x10 kickers on my roof and am gonna do some custom work to stick some kickers in the tailgate but dont know what size can fit comfortably. mine is a 94 2dr hoe

DTAILS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'07 Tahoe ....

Rockford Fosgate 10" sub
Alpine door and tweeter speakers
2 500 watt Alpine subs
Stock head unit

The stock tweeters will suffice with the updated system. The single sub gives a great bass without being overboard with the "I can hear it a block away" attention.

abladeafficionado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. Here's my recommendation.

Arc Audio FD2200 - $130
http://www.woofersetc.com/p-6856-fd-2200-arc-audio-2-channel-370-watt-amplifier.aspx

Morel Maximo comps - $160
http://www.woofersetc.com/p-10022-maximo-6-morel-65-2-way-component-speaker-system.aspx

RAAMmat - $90 + shipping
http://www.raamaudio.com/products/RAAMmat-BXT-II.html

That's about $400 there.

You'll need power and ground wires, speaker wire, RCAs, and a LOC if you're using the stock HU. That'll bring you to somewhere around $500. Don't worry about rear coaxials, they detract from imaging IMO.

blazerjohnny94

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
loud speakers thats where its at more fun for everyone lol so the cars 20 cars ahead and behind u can hear just what u have to play but what do i know

abladeafficionado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
loud speakers thats where its at more fun for everyone lol so the cars 20 cars ahead and behind u can hear just what u have to play but what do i know

That's the reason why sound ordinances are in place.

The best thing you can do for the hobby of car audio is to practice it responsibly. It's disrespectful to purposefully play your music loud in traffic. It's the reason why car audio guys have a bad name to many people.

JMHO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_hyde

Latest posts