Replacing Bose speakers 2011 Tahoe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Grey Beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello to all. I have a 2011 Chevy Tahoe with Bose system. I have a new Sony Apple car play XAV-AX6000 unit installed professionally. I want new speakers. After 12 years they are worn out. Do you recommend a type of speaker for me to use? I’ve checked prices so I’m sure there ok to great speakers but I want to spend within reason. I’m more about clarity then power if that makes sense. I was quoted at $800 from my installer for new speakers. I’m comfortable with buying new speakers and having someone do it for me post purchase.

Thank you.

Ken

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go to Crutchfield.com, and review the speakers that will fit your truck and your budget. Sony, JL Audio, Focal, Kenwood, and Alpine speaker brands would sound great in your truck.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello to all. I have a 2011 Chevy Tahoe with Bose system. I have a new Sony Apple car play XAV-AX6000 unit installed professionally. I want new speakers. After 12 years they are worn out. Do you recommend a type of speaker for me to use? I’ve checked prices so I’m sure there ok to great speakers but I want to spend within reason. I’m more about clarity then power if that makes sense. I was quoted at $800 from my installer for new speakers. I’m comfortable with buying new speakers and having someone do it for me post purchase.

Thank you.

Ken
if your going to change speakers then change the amp as well.
all 10 of the speakers in my 12 work beautifully, disabled the bose anc and added a sub amp & subwoofers, kicks butt

OP
OP
The Grey Beast

The Grey Beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you. Found this enlightenment:

So reading the Crutchfield article there is a sub woofer inside the dash that is Bose in my case. I would simply detach what ever connection there is and put a subwoofer in the second row seat?

I think I’m going to Best Buy to get this done. But at least I’m armed with information.

Thank you all.

Ken

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you. Found this enlightenment:

So reading the Crutchfield article there is a sub woofer inside the dash that is Bose in my case. I would simply detach what ever connection there is and put a subwoofer in the second row seat?

I think I’m going to Best Buy to get this done. But at least I’m armed with information.

Thank you all.

Ken
if you are just adding a sub or rather a amp & sub then it should run off of the new head unit. you can leave the stock one alone, besides the bose amp filters the signal far more than the new headunit

OP
OP
The Grey Beast

The Grey Beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all read all your posts and they are all helpful. I called Crutchfieled today and what I can do is use different speakers brands.Issue being for the speakers the Sony brand I want the “ES” don’t make them for my Pilar’s. So I have to use a different brand. The door speakers in the front I have to use 2 ohm speaker because no one knows the amp output of the Bose amp in the Chevy tahoe. Bose didn’t volunteer that data. So I have to use different speakers for the front doors back doors would be Sony. Back speakers most likely Sony. If I put Sony up front on the doors at. 4 ohms the front speakers will be louder in the front than in the back. This is all due to using the Bose amp. Now crutchfiled added that if I bypass the amp and wire new wires to all speakers and new amp and connect it to the single din after market unit I can put anything I want. So what is the cost to rewire all the speakers and put a new amp? I’m not doing it so I’m having somebody else do it. My goal is to order via crutchfiled and have a shop put it in. Just curious what that would run in cost.

Thank you.

Ken

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all read all your posts and they are all helpful. I called Crutchfieled today and what I can do is use different speakers brands.Issue being for the speakers the Sony brand I want the “ES” don’t make them for my Pilar’s. So I have to use a different brand. The door speakers in the front I have to use 2 ohm speaker because no one knows the amp output of the Bose amp in the Chevy tahoe. Bose didn’t volunteer that data. So I have to use different speakers for the front doors back doors would be Sony. Back speakers most likely Sony. If I put Sony up front on the doors at. 4 ohms the front speakers will be louder in the front than in the back. This is all due to using the Bose amp. Now crutchfiled added that if I bypass the amp and wire new wires to all speakers and new amp and connect it to the single din after market unit I can put anything I want. So what is the cost to rewire all the speakers and put a new amp? I’m not doing it so I’m having somebody else do it. My goal is to order via crutchfiled and have a shop put it in. Just curious what that would run in cost.

Thank you.

Ken
really depends on what amp you use they get pricey real fast for any kind of decent brand name
I would figure out what you want then shop around online at places like sonic electronics, best buy, amazon.
Crutchfield tends to be pretty pricey
your going to want your amp or amps, speakers, amp kit.
price it out and then bring the same list your local audio shop and see how they compare, some shops will at least try to match online prices.
but then there is labor.. and maybe misc parts.
I did all the stuff in my Silverado myself and kept the stock headunit and replaced everything else and I was into it somewhere around $2500-3000, and I am still not happy with it I need to upgrade all 4 door speakers again with some higher power speakers, probably fosgates the one's I want are $1300 a pair
I put in infinitti kappa's which have been nice and I have had good luck with them before but I think I am running to much power to them and they are blowing out slowly

I used to use alpine and did for a couple decades but there new stuff is garbage and the old stuff that you can find out there is beat on already

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thank you.

Ken
If you run speakers off the headunit alpine makes a headunit external amp that plugs into the back of the headunit. It will sound waay better. Install wise if you get all the mounting equipment from Crutchfield will probably run between 200-500$. Best buy won't install anything that you don't buy from them but Crutchfield has a list of installers near you can call.

Monz11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed Infinity Kappa speakers all around, with Kicker Amps. I also installed a 10" sub, using Rodney's boxes (find him on ebay) under the front console. This custom sub box makes installation a breeze and uses empty space!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts