Aftermarket radio & Bose amp Cause static?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I installed an aftermarket HU in my 04 Escalade it’s a Kenwood double din, used the PAC harness, when the volume is low you hear a static sound out of all the speakers when you turn the volume up it isn’t as noticeable, so did some digging around online and it looks like when you have an aftermarket HU and don’t bypass the factory Bose amp this is what happens? So it’s either get an amp or live with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hippie459MN

Reaction score
What PAC unit do you have? I have an android head unit in my 2004 Tahoe with the PAC RP5-GM11 and I hear zero static at low volume, or at all for that matter, and I'm using the factory BOSE system (with amp) and it works great. With the RP5-GM11, there is 2 hook ups for the BOSE system. One is for the standard BOSE system and one is for the BOSE Premium (Both have amps, just different amps). Make sure you have the right PAC unit for the right BOSE system or you have it hooked up right.

SirReal63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Kenwood DD in my XL Denali, using the PAC RP5-GM11 I have no static, no noise and no complaints. Check your grounds and wiring, something is not right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn