AFM questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nickabers

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I just put the AFM delete kit on with the new cam lifters and oil pump
Where do I plug the AFM valley cover plug into since the new one doesn’t have a plug and it won’t fire and I’m getting codes for cylinder deactivation solenoids p3449, p3441, p3425, and p3401…any info on this would help thanx and is it possible to have the timing 180 off if there no distributor?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where do I plug the AFM valley cover plug into since the new one doesn’t have a plug and it won’t fire and I’m getting codes for cylinder deactivation solenoids p3449, p3441, p3425, and p3401…any info on this would help thanx and is it possible to have the timing 180 off if there no distributor?
Did you get a new tune that deletes the AFM?

OP
OP
N

Nickabers

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the obd chip that plugs in and deletes it….or do I need to reprogram the computer?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The plug-in module just keeps AFM from engaging, but it doesn't delete the AFM programming from the PCM. You have the VLOM unplugged, causing open circuits in parts that the PCM is still looking for at startup even though it's not trying to activate them.

Do you still have your VLOM? I've heard you can plug it in and secure it nearby (to the firewall?) and it'll get you by until you have AFM tuned out. But you have to keep that plug-in module in place. For all the hassle, I'd just get it tuned out. Cheapest is here: https://lt1swap.com/afm_delete.htm. Christmas and the current weather might pose some delays, unless you're close to them in Pomona, MO.

OP
OP
N

Nickabers

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So if I plug that in then it should start and run until I get the computer reprogrammed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork