AFM not on my 2023 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CAPantherFan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I'm reading about all these lifter issues with AFM on 6.2L but I just got my 2023 Tahoe with 6.2L and it doesn't go in V4 mode - all 8 cylinders are working all the time so I don't think mine came with AFM. It does have auto stop but no V4.

Am I missing anything?

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s no indicator when it’s in V4 mode like on the older versions.

Chances are it’s ok there…in another thread it was mentioned that it no longer is indicated on the window sticker that it has it, but chances are it still has it.

dancastro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Search the threads....you have it there is no indicator & its not only a v4 or v8 option. there are many cylinder combinations

OP
OP
C

CAPantherFan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There’s no indicator when it’s in V4 mode like on the older versions.

Chances are it’s ok there…in another thread it was mentioned that it no longer is indicated on the window sticker that it has it, but chances are it still has it.
OK I guess. There's nothing on the windows sticker and nothing on the display on the dashboard that indicates any kind of cylinder deactivation. Strange...

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a standard feature of the L84 and L87 engine…the Duramax doesn’t have it…but your ‘23 can run on several combinations from 2 to 8 cylinders.

Change the oil often, keep it topped up, and use high quality fuel of the right octane.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm reading about all these lifter issues with AFM on 6.2L but I just got my 2023 Tahoe with 6.2L and it doesn't go in V4 mode - all 8 cylinders are working all the time so I don't think mine came with AFM. It does have auto stop but no V4.

Am I missing anything?

As the others have said, you don't have AFM, your motor has DFM aka Dynamic Skip Fire (DSF). Learned something new today with that acronym.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm reading about all these lifter issues with AFM on 6.2L, but I just got my 2023 Tahoe with 6.2L and it doesn't go in V4 mode.
All 8 cylinders are working all the time so I don't think mine came with AFM. It does have auto stop but no V4.
Am I missing anything?
Quite a bit.
Your 6.2L V8 not only has V4 mode, also has V7 mode, V6 mode, V5 mode, V3 mode, and V2 mode.
It has 17 firing patterns at its disposal from moment to moment, depending on power demand / your right foot.
GM was / is hoping you don't notice the transitions between modes, except for the power delivery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz