Advise from Wheel Experts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
another thing to check is make sure they mounted the tired with the right orientation. on the tire should have a mark where it's supposed to line up with the valve stem

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also something else u can try is right when u start to feel the vibration drop it in neutral and see if it's still there.

OP
OP
B

Balistikb

Reaction score
Well I paid for another shop to do the road balancing and they said the other shop did a good job and did it right. They checked to make sure there was no movement with the wheels even though they are hub centric. They also made sure all of the lugs were tightened to factory specs. I still feel a little vibration but I guess I will just have to live with it.
Next step, lower the Hoe with a 2/4 Belltech drop. Stay tuned and thank you all for your suggestions.

OP
OP
B

Balistikb

Reaction score
Second shop said that the original shop did a good job with the balancing and just for good measure, repeated road force balancing on all wheels.
Doing some quick searching, I read there could be other reasons for vibration. I read that control arm bushings can be bad. I will check that in the front.
I don’t believe there are control arm bushings in the rear so I don’t know what to check back there.
Any suggestions as to what all to check in my suspension?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Second shop said that the original shop did a good job with the balancing and just for good measure, repeated road force balancing on all wheels.
Doing some quick searching, I read there could be other reasons for vibration. I read that control arm bushings can be bad. I will check that in the front.
I don’t believe there are control arm bushings in the rear so I don’t know what to check back there.
Any suggestions as to what all to check in my suspension?

There are bushings in the rear.

The vibes you're feeling- is it a steady, rhythmic vibe that increases with speed? Like, if you held a steady 35MPH, do you feel a consistent 'bump-bump-bump-bump' and not an irregular 'bump-bump.......bump.........bump.....bump-bump-bump...', etc? Do you feel it on smooth roads at the same ~30MPH and ~70MPH speeds and at 70MPH it's still as rhythmic as at 30MPH but about twice as fast ('bumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbump')?

If it's a rhythmic vibe that's proportionate to speed, then it's not control arm bushings. Besides, why would the control arm bushings suddenly go bad immediately after a wheel and tire change? I had some bushings fall out of place on a 200K-mile S10 after I jacked it up to replace the tires. But that was because the bushings were severely worn and they moved when the weight was taken off of them when I jacked it up. I don't believe your bushings would be anywhere near this worn out. I'm still convinced you have a defective tire or tires since you get the vibes at such a low speed.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But wouldn’t that be detected during road force balancing?

I would think so. But maybe it's being balanced out, which satisfies the machine but there are some things you can feel when actually driving on the wheel/tire that the machine can't produce, detect and correct for?

I'm just saying that ~30MPH is a really low speed for an imbalance to be felt. There's just not enough centrifugal force to create enough off-centric weight to be felt. So what you're feeling has to be due to something being misshapen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zachattack_0924