Advise from Wheel Experts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Balistikb

Reaction score
Good Day, I recently changed my wheels on a 2016 Tahoe LT. What I put on are 24" DUB Ballers. After receiving the Tahoe back from the shop, I noticed a slight bounce. So of course I brought it back thinking the balancing needs to be corrected. I explained to the shop that I feel the bounce most at 30-35 MPH and 70-80MPH. They looked at the wheels and re-balanced. Unfortunately I still feel a slight bounce and gets more noticeable as my speed increases.
The guys at the shop are very nice and willing to help. this is by no means anything against them.
My question is, what do I need to tell them to look for? Could it be a bad wheel, bad tire, or what?
Thanks for any guidance you could provide.Tahoe.jpg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By "bounce", I assume you mean a shake.

Could be a bad wheel and/or tire. Balancing can only do so much. You can balance a square, but balancing won't make a square roll smoothly.

You feeling it at such low speeds as 30-35 tells me it's a defective tire and/or wheel.

Mad Maxx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What they said ^^

Look at each wheel. See if there is 1 that has an exceptional amount of weights on it. If it does, that's your problem.

Also, pull the wheels off, and make sure they removed the Brake Rotor Clips that are on a few of the studs. Aftermarket wheels don't have the relief cut for them, and that can cause a vibration or shake.

OP
OP
B

Balistikb

Reaction score
I will look at the wheels more closely. Thank you for the suggestions.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had about the same issue with 26’s. One shop balanced them 3 times and it was the same. Another shop told me 2 of the tires were out of round and they put the worst one on the back since they were both on one side and they couldn’t be move one to the other side due to directional tires. Cheap tires were the culprit. After they re-balanced them and moved the one, the problem disappeared.

hcvone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Were the wheels road forced balanced? On the road force machine they can tell if you have a bent or damaged wheel, or an out of round tire. It's not uncommon for shops that do not mount large wheels all the time to have pronblems, may or may not be an issue

OP
OP
B

Balistikb

Reaction score
Were the wheels road forced balanced? On the road force machine they can tell if you have a bent or damaged wheel, or an out of round tire. It's not uncommon for shops that do not mount large wheels all the time to have pronblems, may or may not be an issue
I will ask about this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645