Advise from Wheel Experts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cb2004mj

Reaction score
another thing everyone missed, are these wheels hubcentric or were hub rings used to center the wheels to the vehicle? if not you can get the balance dead on but the wheel may not be bolted on centered to the hub and make her shake

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
another thing everyone missed, are these wheels hubcentric or were hub rings used to center the wheels to the vehicle? if not you can get the balance dead on but the wheel may not be bolted on centered to the hub and make her shake
I didn’t miss it; I know from firsthand experience that Dub Ballers are hub centric. I was running their 26’s.

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good Day, I recently changed my wheels on a 2016 Tahoe LT. What I put on are 24" DUB Ballers. After receiving the Tahoe back from the shop, I noticed a slight bounce. So of course I brought it back thinking the balancing needs to be corrected. I explained to the shop that I feel the bounce most at 30-35 MPH and 70-80MPH. They looked at the wheels and re-balanced. Unfortunately I still feel a slight bounce and gets more noticeable as my speed increases.
The guys at the shop are very nice and willing to help. this is by no means anything against them.
My question is, what do I need to tell them to look for? Could it be a bad wheel, bad tire, or what?
Thanks for any guidance you could provide.View attachment 228244

I really like those wheels.... something about a simple spoke... some might call it boring. first thing i said when i saw a spoke like this . but i really like it.... saw a similar wheel on a M3.... then i was hooked on it... Good luck.

OP
OP
B

Balistikb

Reaction score
I took the care back in and they replaced one of the new tires and said they did road force balancing on all four tires. I am not trying to be picky here but I spent over $2k on new wheels and tires and don't expect to have any vibrations. Now it is riding a little better but I can still feel a slight vibration going around 30mph...
Is there anyone in the Ft. Lauderdale area who would be willing to take a look?

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a few threads floating around the forum here of others that have had the Nexen Roadian HP's with a similar experience as you're having; not being able to fully balance correctly and experiencing a slight vibration. Then some people have had good experiences with them. From the reviews I have found they seem to be a hit or miss tire as far as quality goes. For the most part I think DUB's are decent quality aftermarket wheels, though it is possible for there to be a defect, it's more than likely the tires.

Maybe look into some Toyo Proxes, Pirelli, or Yokohama's? They're about double the price of those Nexen Roadian HP's in 305/35/24, but they'll probably balance better, ride better, and last longer.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s usually the inexpensive tires that have these issues unfortunately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts