Advice on choosing Programer, Intake and Exhaust 15 Denali XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hundhaus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
So I have a 15 Callaway Denali 560SC and a 15 Denali XL. I am planning on modding my 15 XL now.
I love driving the Callaway because I have none of the 4V cylinder deactivation headaches, none of the exhaust pressure and vibration ( now that I have been driving the XL I absolutely feel the interior vibration and pressure)

SO what I am looking to do is go with a programer that I can use to turn off the 4V cyl crap while giving the truck a much better exhaust note( eliminate the flapper) and an intake for the growl.

SO a specific question I have is using a K&N with an oiled element has always been the direction I have gone.....are there any specific drawbacks to using an oiled element? I was thinking about this intake K&N 63 series

As far as Exhaust goes I am leaning towards the Corsa system.

Programer? no idea where to start

Last edited:

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Diablo is working well for me. Walked into a Truck & 4 x 4 Speed Shop, bought it, they installed it. I drove home and modified the parameters to my liking. I can change it up many different ways in less than 10 minutes. Cost...about $425 out the door. If tou want to get super custom...throw another $150 at Diablewtune along with a data recording file and he will customize everything for you.

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Diablo would be great but he might have an 8 spd trans on his Denali. Blackbear EFIlive autocal for $599 with email tuning is probably the best bet because it supports the 8spd.

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Diablo would be great but he might have an 8 spd trans on his Denali. Blackbear EFIlive autocal for $599 with email tuning is probably the best bet because it supports the 8spd.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll throw in another recommendation for Diablo, unless of course like jl449 said, you have the 8spd transmission since it isn't supported just yet. According to their forums though they should support it within the next 3-6 months. I've got the K&N intake but dry versus oiled. My understanding is that oiled isn't really necessary unless you are using it in very dirty/dusty areas. Granted I'm in AZ and we have dust like no other in general but I took this to mean more so if you are driving it in an offload environment a lot versus city driving. I really like the K&N intake, btw. Easy install and adds some extra grunt.

I've got a Corsa exhaust on the way from Amazon as I type. Looking forward to hearing the difference once that is added on.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Before you do anything, be sure that Calloway has not locked your computers.

Keep in mind, the transmission tuning is HUGE on these newer vehicles. Folks are really missing out on a lot by not getting that cleaned up. Canned tuners will not tune for modifications, if you plan on adding mods down the road.

OP
OP
hundhaus

hundhaus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before you do anything, be sure that Calloway has not locked your computers.

Keep in mind, the transmission tuning is HUGE on these newer vehicles. Folks are really missing out on a lot by not getting that cleaned up. Canned tuners will not tune for modifications, if you plan on adding mods down the road.

I am not touching the Callaway :) I am doing these mods on my 15 Denali XL.

OP
OP
hundhaus

hundhaus

Full Access Member
Reaction score

So what can I use from Black Bear that I can load myself off of a handheld. I would like to be able to turn off AFM 4V , a performance bump, and maybe shift points (8spd) I did not see a phone number on your website

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kootamcgrabbin24