Adjusting torsion bar suspension question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you remove the adjuster bolt completely and lower the vehicle to the ground, the wheel wells will be sitting on the tops of the tires. Ive seen it and done it.

This is correct.

The OP said the previous owner put a 2" lift on it, so we have to consider that it may have lift keys which re-index the torsion bar. This may very well be enough to keep the inner fender off the top of the tire but still let it drop 2" if the key was bottomed out on the nut. It's possible that nothing is broken or worn and the previous owner installed the torsion bar on that one side unloaded (likely one flat off), so it didn't actually get lifted.

The OP said he has nothing to compare it to as it's a rare vehicle in his country and the local shop doesn't know what a lift kit looks like. To not jump to conclusions and remain neutral, I just asked him to post some pics for the time being.

OP
OP
daol

daol

Reaction score
If any of what you listed as could have failed then the wheel well for that side would be sitting on the tire. especially if the torsion bar "failed" which would mean it broke in half.

OP there is well over 2" of adjustment for either side. You can adjust a factory setup to level the front to the rear (this is how I ride) or the factory set it up new with the front lower than the rear or you can go anywhere in between or raise front higher than the rear.

thanks for the reply:)
took a look under the car, didnt see anything broken or "loose", it might just need an adjustment, just had to ask, since 2" seemed alot for me, that dont fix the car my self:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon

Latest posts