Adding idatalink?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beeffajitas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2012 Suburban, Commercial model. It's pretty stripped as far as options go. No Bose, no Onstar, no Bluetooth, no Steering Wheel controls.

Is there a way to tap into an iDatalink source somewhere? I just installed a new head unit and it would be nice to add that feature.

swat2380

Reaction score
I have a 2012 Suburban, Commercial model. It's pretty stripped as far as options go. No Bose, no Onstar, no Bluetooth, no Steering Wheel controls.

Is there a way to tap into an iDatalink source somewhere? I just installed a new head unit and it would be nice to add that feature.

Do you have the Maesteo RR? You will need that plus programming to add idatalink

OP
OP
B

beeffajitas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not yet. I got a pretty simple chime adapter from Crutchfield. I did find the Maestro RR and it looks like it will do most of what I want.

What needs to be programmed? I saw a bit about tapping to the OBD connector and getting some vehicle data from that. Is there something else?

swat2380

Reaction score
Not yet. I got a pretty simple chime adapter from Crutchfield. I did find the Maestro RR and it looks like it will do most of what I want.

What needs to be programmed? I saw a bit about tapping to the OBD connector and getting some vehicle data from that. Is there something else?
Sorry for late reply don't get on here very often. The RR gets programmed to the type of vehicle, steering wheel buttons and model of stereo you are installing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truckinscooby

Latest posts