stealthbox in an escalade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

undertaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've bounced thru a few of the posts where people grabbed escalade boxes for the chevys/gmc's to mount a 10. I'm honestly thinking about going with a stealthbox and amp into my wifes 23 escalade. It has the 19 speaker AKG (lesser system) and its ok (almost feel like her 16 had more bass stock). Even my neighbor's Escalade V with the 36 speaker system is just ehh...so there's a solid chance I'll be doing this twice...

No issues with the stealthbox and install and even saw someone mounted the JL XD 300 right on the enclosure with no issue.

I'm mainly curious about a sound source. Does anyone know if the AKG setup runs like bose garbage where it cuts back the bass around half volume? The simplest solution would be tap into the wiring for the OEM sub with a line converter. Also would I run into any ANC issues with the escalade? Guess I'm just curious where and how to get a good source. Looks like crutchfield hasn't even played around with an escalade as of yet. Life was so much easier back in the day when you just pulled a head unit and ran RCA's to the back and weren't trying to play nice with the half assed factory stuff.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another option, if you have captains chairs, you could place a sub box in between them. Don't bolt it down, so that you can move it whenever needed.

OP
OP
U

undertaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its a possibility as well. More concerned about where to get a good signal, seems the signal from the factory amp to the factory sub is already filtered/processed and might not be a full signal to work with.

iamlegion

Reaction score
Did you ever figure this out? My plan is to run a JL LoC with the remote bass knob to adjust the levels at higher volumes. Unfortunately that won’t solve your point about that being pre-processed for the lesser OEM sub.

Do you have any pictures from your install? I’m looking at JL stealthbox/jl xd aml/jl loc to replace my sub (14 speaker Bose performance model). Also curious if you went with one of those ANC mic termination adapters.

Jdsmooth

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You need to use the Audiocontrol LC2i line output converter. It has a really nice processor in it and a feature called Accubass that basically senses when the Bose system attenuates the bass and adds it back. I have the Pro version installed in my Suburban with the Escalade box. Works really well. A little too well actually, I had to dial the Accubass back a bit until I found the most natural settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660