Adding/enabling tow/haul mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackdrag450r

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am bringing this back from the dead to help others who search. You can indeed buy just a shift lever with tow/haul and plug it in. Just did it on my 2012 ppv. Works great and no reflash necessary. Also buy a cheaper shift lever from a silverado instead of the leather wrapped one that seems to be the only one that comes up when you search, no matter what trim level. The pn I bought was
25807851 hope this helps someone because it is hard to find an answer on here.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bonus points for you my man.............F$%K me, something else to buy now LOL

safe to assume the install was a couple minute job since the wiring was already present for duty? Hopefully, this stands true for the 2010 PPVs

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
25807851 - $78 on Amazon

I guess I will be adding this to the list for Friday Mod day

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am bringing this back from the dead to help others who search. You can indeed buy just a shift lever with tow/haul and plug it in. Just did it on my 2012 ppv. Works great and no reflash necessary. Also buy a cheaper shift lever from a silverado instead of the leather wrapped one that seems to be the only one that comes up when you search, no matter what trim level. The pn I bought was
I did the same about 2 months ago. Theres a guy who sells em on here every now and then

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ordered mine last night, should get it tomorrow

jz57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Tahoe 2WD PPV with a 4-speed transmission 4L60E. I have some question about this budget upgrade:

1) Is this plug & play upgrading, like DIC butttons?

2) Does the new shift lever activate Tow/Haul function and turn on Tow/Haul indicator on cluster panel?

3) When the "+" or "-" button on the NEW ***** lever is pressed, does the transmission shift up or down?

I did the same about 2 months ago. Theres a guy who sells em on here every now and then

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
J - not sure.

I know my 08 LTZ had tow/haul mode. But the "+" & "-" for manual mode was only offered on the 2010+ models with the 6L80/6L90 transmission

But you could always try, if it doesn't work you could resell the item on here

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Tahoe 2WD PPV with a 4-speed transmission 4L60E. I have some question about this budget upgrade:

1) Is this plug & play upgrading, like DIC butttons?

2) Does the new shift lever activate Tow/Haul function and turn on Tow/Haul indicator on cluster panel?

3) When the "+" or "-" button on the NEW ***** lever is pressed, does the transmission shift up or down?

Yes
Yes
Yes

I have 2013 ppv so all of that works

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu