Adding DL3 power folding mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks will the Dl3 mirrors work with my stock harness already in my SLE or will I have to get new harnesses along with the door switch?
I would say yes but I am not an expert I have done the upgrade my self and needed the extra wires in the harness on a 2LT which is just under a LTZ, you will need to check the pins at the door harness connector to be sure that you only need the door side harness, if the pins are not present then you need to connect additional wiring on the inside as well. @cmatt should be able to help you out

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say yes but I am not an expert I have done the upgrade my self and needed the extra wires in the harness on a 2LT which is just under a LTZ, you will need to check the pins at the door harness connector to be sure that you only need the door side harness, if the pins are not present then you need to connect additional wiring on the inside as well. @cmatt should be able to help you out
Checking the pins at the door harness (cabin side) is the best way to determine what’s needed for the DL3 mirrors to work.

SUVs differ from the trucks in that the needed wires are typically present in the door harness, but are missing from the body (cabin) harness.

This pic has the connector upside down, but you can see the pins labeled to check.

0df3548e870a07a4c9dbbe255f1ece6d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regarding the mirror fold function, you’ll either need a mirror and passenger window switch or a different mirror switch. It’s dependent on whether or not the vehicle has driver seat memory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Kulbick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question.

If my Suburban didn't come with power folding mirrors, and as such didn't have the auto-fold option in the menu, is there a way to have the mirrors fold automatically when the lock button is held as if from the factory?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question.

If my Suburban didn't come with power folding mirrors, and as such didn't have the auto-fold option in the menu, is there a way to have the mirrors fold automatically when the lock button is held as if from the factory?
the 15-20 have a fold button on the mirror switch, tap it once to fold and tap it again to unfold that portion is plug-n-play, I don't think you are going to get other features like tilt down in reverse and auto fold without more work or at the very least bcm programming.

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 15-20 have a fold button on the mirror switch, tap it once to fold and tap it again to unfold that portion is plug-n-play, I don't think you are going to get other features like tilt down in reverse and auto fold without more work or at the very least bcm programming.
That’s correct. Those additional features are housed in the seat memory module. It can be programmed by WAMS to enable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

captain

Reaction score
I have a 2018 Yukon SLE. Would like to get these tow mirrors. Is it possible to add blind spot monitoring capabilities as well without spend a fortune?

jon adams

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Reading this thread gives me some hope for getting both of my new mirrors working. I have a 2009 Tahoe, LT 4x4, and it was the DL8 code, so it has power adjust mirrors but no other mirror features. (Well, it may have heated mirrors, at least the wiring to the heater circuit in the mirror body was connected, but this is Phoenix so would probably never have seen it work %^)

Some time ago I knocked the plastic clamshells off the front of the LH mirror. Mirror was fine. Couldn't find the lower clamshell part anywhere. So, I purchased via eBay a new aftermarket replacement mirror (non-towing, puddle light, turn signal, power mirror adjust, power mirror fold). While having done my research to see if that would work on my truck, I learned I'd need a DL3 door window/mirror controller switch, and found a used one immediately available on eBay as well.

Put both of those on my left driver door and immediately I had power fold (manual, via the door switch, not automatic though), the embedded turn signal, and a puddle light. Pretty amazing (at least for me). Power mirror adjust still worked fine. Only thing I needed to do was modify the escutcheon plate inside that has the cutouts for the driver's side door switches (windows, locks, mirror, etc) and a little work with a Dremel tool got that cleaned up. This is cool, I thought.

So I tried the same with the passenger side door. Bought the opposing mirror with all the updated features, and installed it in place of the existing mirror. Almost as before, I had my embedded right turn signal, the power adjust still worked, all good. However, I discovered that I could not get the right mirror to do power fold.

What I'm reading here suggests that I will have to check the RH door harness at the body module for the correct pins, add the wires to the RH side, and maybe have my local tech do some reprogramming of the module. However, I'm guessing on all this since my experience has been different from what most others have found.

Any pointers or actual direction would be extremely appreciated! %^)

Cheers - Jon

Chrisratcliff

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2018 Yukon SLE. Would like to get these tow mirrors. Is it possible to add blind spot monitoring capabilities as well without spend a fortune?
If you wish to contact me, I have a new never installed set from BOOST auto with every option that I purchased just prior to my 2018 Yukon XL Denali being totaled. If you wish to contact me off the forum, feel free to email me at [email protected] or text me at 314-570-1299.

I can then provide you with the order number and a copy of the order. BOOST technical support is very prompt and helpful. They will be able to confirm directly whether or not these will work on your truck. The boxes containing the mirrors have not even been opened.