Adding DL3 power folding mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Folding mirrors would be nice but i'd be doing this mainly for the blind spot detection. I have an LT. Hoping I see an answer to this in the near future.
blind spot also requires the sensors and a module and programming into the DIC

Andrew Pham

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I finally got the DL3 upgrade for my 2016. Since the blindspot won’t work without rear objects sensors, there are options to get power folds, signal, puddles without blindspots indicators. The folding, signal, and puddle lights work perfectly! It was kinda surprised since I didn’t expect the puddles would work, and it looked great at night since it was LED bulbs. Thanks to genestoy for great instructions over at gm-trucks forum, and with help of youtube I got both done in about 1 and 1/2 hrs.

Xavier Adames

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I finally got the DL3 upgrade for my 2016. Since the blindspot won’t work without rear objects sensors, there are options to get power folds, signal, puddles without blindspots indicators. The folding, signal, and puddle lights work perfectly! It was kinda surprised since I didn’t expect the puddles would work, and it looked great at night since it was LED bulbs. Thanks to genestoy for great instructions over at gm-trucks forum, and with help of youtube I got both done in about 1 and 1/2 hrs.
So you possible have the YouTube link and the link to the post in the other forum? Thanks

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The DL3 mirrors are plug and play depending on the wiring present in the door harnesses and on the body side. That’s typically dictated by the trim level (LS, LT, LTZ/Premier and GMC counterparts) and option packages (i.e. Luxury Package, Texas Edition Package, etc.).

I make a custom harness that will allow you to add the puddle, signal, auto dim and folding features (folding switch required) for the DL3 mirrors. Blind spot is a no go without additional modules and programming. I make the harnesses to order for your application based on the circuits needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Yukon John tow mirrors are available from 1AAuto. There is some wiring needed for all the functions to work. You’ll lose power fold as they don’t offer that as an option.

11c0220a28977c1dfc468d45f83174b2.jpg

JerradT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@cmatt
you have any more pics of the 1a auto mirrors on your yukon. thinking about getting some for our 2015 suburban for towing as the factory mirrors are a joke. haven't seen many pics of them installed so hard to imagine what would look like. also which model did you purchase from 1a & what did it take to get everything to work?

thanks

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@cmatt
you have any more pics of the 1a auto mirrors on your yukon. thinking about getting some for our 2015 suburban for towing as the factory mirrors are a joke. haven't seen many pics of them installed so hard to imagine what would look like. also which model did you purchase from 1a & what did it take to get everything to work?

thanks

I was actually working on those for a member on the GM-Trucks forum, MT Elk Hunter. He posted a number of picks with them installed on his suburban there. He also tows and was looking for a viable option and settled on the 1AAuto mirrors. These are the ones he purchased. Note they are manual fold.

https://www.1aauto.com/2015-17-mirror-pair-trail-ridge-tr00393/i/1amrp01964?f=1154243&y=2017

For a factory-like solution, it requires a set of harnesses from me. The suv platform doesn’t have the running light and cargo light circuits run to the doors. I customize the door harnesses so all that’s needed is to swap them with your original ones. I also include the harness installed in the cabin that will bring those circuits to the door connectors. Once complete, all the functions will work. You will be able to use a headlamp switch like this to turn on the cargo lamps.

41afea028f1dc90e24d4ad846c0124b7.jpg

I was test fitting the mirrors and testing the functions after I completed the wiring. Here’s some pics I have testing them.

Turn signal
399f0d6774965d6f04f376acec44f39b.jpg

Puddle lamp
57140b0b1c43df85a524edf05b961227.jpg

Park lamp
7ce22bc2489daf57d2c76bb2b9fbba56.jpg

Cargo lamp
af4fe3893bb0b83f6b6d0bace64eddf4.jpg

Side blind zone indicator
69cbadff565e54e90321061e843d6065.jpg

Last edited:

JerradT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was actually working on those for a member on the GM-Trucks forum, MT Elk Hunter. He posted a number of picks with them installed on his suburban there. He also tows and was looking for a viable option and settled on the 1AAuto mirrors. These are the ones he purchased. Note they are manual fold.

https://www.1aauto.com/2015-17-mirror-pair-trail-ridge-tr00393/i/1amrp01964?f=1154243&y=2017

For a factory-like solution, it requires a set of harnesses from me. The suv platform doesn’t have the running light and cargo light circuits run to the doors. I customize the door harnesses so all that’s needed is to swap them with your original ones. I also include the harness installed in the cabin that will bring those circuits to the door connectors. Once complete, all the functions will work. You will be able to use a headlamp switch like this to turn on the cargo lamps.

41afea028f1dc90e24d4ad846c0124b7.jpg

I was test fitting the mirrors and testing the functions after I completed the wiring. Here’s some pics I have testing them.

399f0d6774965d6f04f376acec44f39b.jpg

57140b0b1c43df85a524edf05b961227.jpg

7ce22bc2489daf57d2c76bb2b9fbba56.jpg

af4fe3893bb0b83f6b6d0bace64eddf4.jpg

69cbadff565e54e90321061e843d6065.jpg

thanks @cmatt for the info. i do have a couple questions though.
1. if you just install the mirrors with standard harness what will work/not work (i have LT suburban non folding no turn signals no blind spot)
2. what options can you get to work without buying the new headlight switch? i assume its the truck version?

just trying to see what options there are to keep cost down. that way i could maybe do it in phases first buy & install the mirrors they purchases harnesses etc later on as money allows.

here is the link to the post with MT Elk hunters Yukon if anyone would like to see the pics of mirrors installed.
https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/to...rs-for-magazine/?tab=comments#comment-2207669

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks @cmatt for the info. i do have a couple questions though.
1. if you just install the mirrors with standard harness what will work/not work (i have LT suburban non folding no turn signals no blind spot)
2. what options can you get to work without buying the new headlight switch? i assume its the truck version?

just trying to see what options there are to keep cost down. that way i could maybe do it in phases first buy & install the mirrors they purchases harnesses etc later on as money allows.

here is the link to the post with MT Elk hunters Yukon if anyone would like to see the pics of mirrors installed.
https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/to...rs-for-magazine/?tab=comments#comment-2207669

Thanks for posting the link to MT Elk Hunter’s Yukon. I wasn’t sure if that’s allowed here.

1AAuto has different versions of the mirrors. They may have one that matches your vehicle options.

1. Your LT Suburban most likely has factory DL8 mirrors with power adjust and heat. That should still work with the tow mirrors. The park and cargo lamp features wouldn’t work.

2. The headlight switch only controls the rear facing cargo lamp. I prefer a factory-like install where everything is integrated. However, you could always install a separate switch.

In short, if you buy the tow mirrors that match your factory options, it will be plug and play with the exception of the park and cargo lamps. I can provide the harnesses (and switch, if desired) to enable them afterwards.

Even if your vehicle didn’t come with all the mirror options (puddle, signal, auto dim, etc.) and you would like to add them, I can help.

Since I have first-hand experience installing these, I’m happy to help you guys where I can.