Adding an aftermarket radio to 07-14 FAQ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’ll figure out the chimes. As for the cameras, I have an idea. Go look at the manual for the Pioneer. That’s what I did when I couldn’t figure something out. The answer is there. It’s time for you to figure things out on your own instead of just going on the forum and asking others like me to tell you what to do. Quit being lazy. And you’re welcome for the time I’ve already spent helping you, which has not even been acknowledged with as much as a thank you. The stuff you’ve been asking has all been available in the manuals. Go find it on your own. Or tear it all out and send it back,IDC. :mad:

Lmao ok

1cmJRtm_d.jpg

f3hDImT_d.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome screen shot, now go look in your manual lmao. They don’t call me grumpy for nothing!

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well damn, I thought Bluetooth plus CarPlay meant wireless carplay. Having to plug the phone in defeats the whole purpose. It’s nice to at least have Bluetooth now but for nearly $400 between the head unit and harnesses, etc, it’s not worth it. I’ll be sending it all back.
Just checking, but did you actually go to the Maestro page and put in your vehicle and head unit specifications? Pretty clear on the site that if your new head unit is Car Play compatible, it is listed by the model number. If not, they put this right at the bottom so you know.....

Capture.PNG

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just checking, but did you actually go to the Maestro page and put in your vehicle and head unit specifications? Pretty clear on the site that if your new head unit is Car Play compatible, it is listed by the model number. If not, they put this right at the bottom so you know.....

View attachment 225261
He was talking about wireless CarPlay which is different than regular CarPlay where you need to plug into the usb on the head unit with a lightning cable. Wireless CarPlay is a new thing.

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 225261

No, I used a Metra Axxess harness. Like Rocket man said, I knew the head unit had Bluetooth and had CarPlay, so I assumed CarPlay works over Bluetooth. It’s wired-only with this head unit but I don’t mind it too much. If I’m in a hurry I can play music over Bluetooth but if I’m on a longer drive I’ll just plug my phone in and toss it in the center console for the full car play experience. Bluetooth lags a little bit whereas CarPlay is pretty instantaneous since it’s working over a lightning cable.

UrbSxVG_d.jpg

73gd3eh_d.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, I used a Metra Axxess harness. Like Rocket man said, I knew the head unit had Bluetooth and had CarPlay, so I assumed CarPlay works over Bluetooth. It’s wired-only with this head unit but I don’t mind it too much. If I’m in a hurry I can play music over Bluetooth but if I’m on a longer drive I’ll just plug my phone in and toss it in the center console for the full car play experience. Bluetooth lags a little bit whereas CarPlay is pretty instantaneous since it’s working over a lightning cable.

UrbSxVG_d.jpg

73gd3eh_d.jpg
Looks like you got it figured out, nice.

la silver bullet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when I installed my pioneer I just bought a short usb adapter for the oem harness everything works fine, just be sure to plug it into the correct usb port on the rear of the radio one is for apple the other for android
Which adapter did you get can you post pics thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645