Adding an aftermarket radio to 07-14 FAQ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trilla_one

Reaction score
Thanks! I've wanted one ever since I first saw them. My only gripe is missing actual volume buttons or a knob and having to look to adjust. it's amazing other than that (especially the larger back up cam view) and gives the dash a sleek and modern look.

Last edited:

Dngrmse

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Okay, got things going. Found a wire description for the six wires into the camera. Jumped thr pink switched full time pink to the dark blue reverse trigger and it works as long as the camera doesn't fry with full time triggering.

I did cut some plastic out of the radio housing to gain depth. The radio looks like it belongs. I really want to make a much nicer harness though.

Before:
View attachment 390159

After
View attachment 390160

And the readywire harness from Crutchfield.
View attachment 390161
Hey Pat, I'm going through the same problem now- I installed a new radio, everything is working except the backup camera. Would you happen to remember where the pink and dark blue wires you jumped are? Are they in the brown plug in your pic? I have the same plugs in my 2011. I'd rather not have to run a new camera all the way to the back if i can avoid it. Thanks

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just looking back through this thread and didn't see the picture of the jumped wires. The wires are in the tailgate at the rear wiper. 20230122_124433.jpg

The red wire is my jumper.

Dngrmse

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks! Ill give a try tomorrow am and let you know how I make out. - Dan

Dngrmse

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I jumped the cables as pictured, but still had no video. Taking a closer look at the adapter provided, I saw that it had the 2 pins opposit of where they should have been. I backed out the pins and put them in the right place, and that worked, so now the camera is working. Thanks again for the help!

jrobie79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What head unit is this? just curious. Planning on doing similar install with WT3800NEX.

BTW: anybody know about utilizing the factory XM satellite antenna with an aftermarket?

Just joined, just picked up 2012 LTZ.

THanks!

I've had my alpine x208u installed for over a year with no problems on the XM antenna. I used the maestro kit and it works as is.

kurwarex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've had my alpine x208u installed for over a year with no problems on the XM antenna. I used the maestro kit and it works as is.

wait, so the maestro GM5+ or the crutchfield iDatalink HRN-HRR-GM2 plugs into the radio and then the satellite XM receiver will get a satalite signal through that?​

it's an external XM tuner that plugs into the radio so hence the confusion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo