Adding a backup camera to OEM Nav radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krt

Full Access Member
Reaction score

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much did you find them for? I may be interested in this as well!

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heres a copy of my convo with sales

NavTool Sales:
Hello, thank you for visiting. Can I help you in any way?
Me: hello
NavTool Sales: hi
how can we help
Me: does this navigation video interface actualy work?
NavTool Sales: of course
we wouldnt sell anythogn that doesnt eork
its made in USA
Me: the reason why im asking is because its listed for a 2005-2006 yukon and only yukon denali's and escalade's had favtory navigation if i recall correctly
NavTool Sales: yes
this si for factory navigation
Me: the reason as to why im asking is becausei am a member of a tahoe yukon forum and one some of our memeber would like to add a video source to their vehicle without replaceing the entire headunit
NavTool Sales: correct
this si what we do
and we have new oner with built in hdmi for 100% HD quality phoen mirroring
Me: i dont think i see that one on the website. is there a return policy if the device doesnt work? also would you happen to have any videos of a working unit installed on a vehivle
vehicle*
NavTool Sales: you can check our youtbe page youtube.com/navtool
its al similar form one vehicle to another
Me: where the one with phone mirroring?
sorry if im asking a lot of question, just trying to do research before/if i decide to purchase one
NavTool Sales: its not online yet
navtool.com/GMC_YUKON_05-06.aspx
same idea as this

Capt_Caveman

Reaction score
I have a Nav radio in my 2004 tahoe with this system. backup camera works great.

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought they said it only worked on 2005-2006? Do you have any pictures if the unit working? If so, I'm purchasing the one with hdmi

Sub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have such a system. I forget the brand name, because I bought it back when it was a current product brand new, sometime in 2005 for my 2005 model year.

I know mine is NOT a PAC product, but it is almost identical to the PAC labeled product. I think mine is called a NAV-TV, who I understood was the supplier of these units to PAC.

The unit provides two video inputs to the factory TNR navigation radio screen. It required opening up the OEM Nav radio and inserting a new ribbon cable in parallel with an existing ribbon cable on the motherboard inside the TNR. The new ribbon cable goes into a translator box, that has a two composite video RCA ports to plug in any video source. That video source gets outputted to the Navigation screen. There is an additional control harness with a switch to change video sources. There is also an automated feature that enables the video to switch when the car is put into reverse, useful for a backup camera.

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have such a system. I forget the brand name, because I bought it back when it was a current product brand new, sometime in 2005 for my 2005 model year.

I know mine is NOT a PAC product, but it is almost identical to the PAC labeled product. I think mine is called a NAV-TV, who I understood was the supplier of these units to PAC.

The unit provides two video inputs to the factory TNR navigation radio screen. It required opening up the OEM Nav radio and inserting a new ribbon cable in parallel with an existing ribbon cable on the motherboard inside the TNR. The new ribbon cable goes into a translator box, that has a two composite video RCA ports to plug in any video source. That video source gets outputted to the Navigation screen. There is an additional control harness with a switch to change video sources. There is also an automated feature that enables the video to switch when the car is put into reverse, useful for a backup camera.

Im even more interested, would you happen to have pics of the unit in operation? is it just a dummy display that you cant interact with? The reason im asking is because i want to design a board that allows the presses on the screen to actually conrtol whatever device you have hooked up....I.E if you are mirroring your phone to the display and are able to click on icons and control and open them.... even thought the screen is a resistive lcd

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts