Added sub/ANC making a lot of noise!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jproy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good work Rush! Looking forward to hearing more on this

OP
OP
Rush

Rush

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clipping the purple/blue wire was definitely the fix... it is currently clipped, disconnected, and capped--Connected to a quick reconnect in this pic for testing purposes only. 48hrs in, no issues with vehicle functionality, and my sub doesn't hum at 140+dB after hard acceleration.

COMP_zps9351b403.jpg

Last edited:

Turbotoys

Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to the schematic, as weird as it sounds, you clipped the "Crankshaft Position Sensor Replicated Signal" wire as seen in diagram below.

I was thinking of posting all of the radio schematics in a separate posting but not sure if anyone is interested in them...

In my install I was just going to use an Audio Control DQ61 to create the Sub channel from the front speakers and also clean up the muddy sounding signal before it gets to all of my amps.

Also as someone else posted - I do believe you can disable the ANC in the settings - ill take a look again.

Connector-X3.jpg

OP
OP
Rush

Rush

Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to the schematic, as weird as it sounds, you clipped the "Crankshaft Position Sensor Replicated Signal" wire as seen in diagram below.

Awesome bro! Thanks for posting. Not weird at all... When explained by someone smarter than me :)

"I believe UQS means the 10-speakers and UQA means the base 7-speakers. According to the diagram (mine looks the same), the T3 X3 connector is dedicated to the ANC functions. I believe that “Low Speed GMLAN serial data” sends input to the amp, letting it know when the door is closed to activate the ANC functionality. “Crankshaft Position Sensor Replicated Signal” also appears to be an input of noise to be cancelled, acting the same role with the 3 cabin mics." (Full post of this excerpt available at http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-forum/t-579498.html )

So disabling either input signal apparently renders the ANC inop... The 'GMLAN' wire just has more functions associated with it. As for the DQ61, you'd have tap behind the radio in order to bypass the amp, right? As any input to the speaker has already been amplified. Maybe you can make me smart on that process.

Also as someone else posted - I do believe you can disable the ANC in the settings - ill take a look again.

Nope! BOSE AudioPilot, yes... ANC, no.

Turbotoys

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually on the Audiocontrol DQ-61 you can tap right off the amp, it will accept up to 400watts per channel line-in. i'm not sure how many watts the Bose amp is putting out but I know it cant be over 400 watts per channel considering how small the amp is :)

I just checked my Radio and In my settings I can disable Auto volume - See below. Not sure if this will totally disable ANC though. From what I have read some systems are active even if the radio is not on :wtf:

IMAG0828.jpg

Anon2015

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turbo --
I'd find the full radio schematic very helpful. I can PM an email address if that would be easier. AudioControl = good stuff. Technically, I'm a dealer for them (but I remove the rain water from the boxes first.:)

OP
OP
Rush

Rush

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Turbo --
I'd find the full radio schematic very helpful. I can PM an email address if that would be easier

+1

I personally think a new thread for the schematic would be invaluable

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71