Metroplex new owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greetings from DFW Metroplex!,

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen from North TX.!!

just pulled the trigger on a 2021 Tahoe!

Took a gamble on the supply and demand situations of current market. By gamble I mean finding on on dealer property and tried for top trae in value before new orders are delivered to dealers and trade in values start the nose dive towards previous market trade values.

The trick is to find the sweet spot of finding either on dealer lots or “IN TRANSIT” with unknown build or dealer arrival dates. Minor waits of let’s say on dealer inventory of 30 days to make it simple. Previous market business model tried for ninety day inventory…..Manufacturers now want dealers to maintain a thirty day on hand before ordering more. Reasonably decent base line which allows manufacturers to reduce production and or remove certain features that may affect ALL customers instead of certain fleets/sub fleets. Concept is again fairly simple…..reduces dealers on hand inventory and also allows assembly lines to continue with out the….this one has Wireless Charging but the next one may not.

wiress charging/Auto Stop Start are two good examples. Setting a baseline date they can say……ALL vehicle production after this date will be without system XXXX and eliminating the tix tac doe of one with one without, one with and one without logistics Nightmare for dealers and assembly line productivity. The wireless Charging ESS/DFM are also good examples.When the global semiconductor chip shortage started it was easy to say…..ALL vehicles after this production date won’t have *** items. Just so happens rhat the Sierra/Silverado family got the Dynamic Fuel Management removed in first round. GM vehicles …….March 2021, not sure of exact date but you get the idea.
Fast forward to June 2021. Escalade/Tahoe Yukon family got the next round with removing Auto/Stop, wireless charging and Steering column lock. Not sure the order but again you get the idea. July the remaining two items were cut. Escalade may be a bad example and possibly kept it on Escalade since Thursday is a high dollar profit margin. You only get a set number of chips per fleet….if you want to sacrifice on the less high profit margin units…that’s your call.

I got derailed for a few minutes on the thought train but back on course now…..

This ties into my purchase, stay with me…..

Trolled the Chevy and GMC website for inventory and a very high amount of searches were “IN TRANSIT “ but unknown delivery dates. Found my purchase specced with pretty much everything available for that sub fleet. Found last Sunday and filled check availability with dealer….Called last Monday expecting to hear….”Sorry….unit presold and already sold minute it comes in. Off transporter and immediately to PDI and detail customer already notified and financial part already complete.”…….

Somehow that was not the case. Sales rep said no preorder, and weren’t playing favorites and leveled the playing field with ….”First come First Serve, snooze and lose….what ever.

Unit had a scheduled delivery to dealer of today. Might go today might not……

Fortunately for me I got Overtime last Monday and figured it would protect me from myself. Fast forward to last Wednesday (8/18). Called dealer again to check status as far as presold off transporter after financing….

Clarification….By FCFA I mean dealer won’t hold vehicle off transporter with a deposit. If they have a pretty firm delivery date they could and in this case ran numbers and financing Wednesday based on a 8/21 delivery date. They put a window of let’s say no more than 72 hours out. If your within that window which I was they can run numbers, trade appraisal, financing etc….

I was within the window and got lucky….Available after delivery, trade appraisal, down payment if needed, financing approved etc…

With the delivery scheduled for today I planned on picking up Tuesday allowing them to PDI, clean up, last minute paperwork if needed, remp tag etc….

I got text from sales rep Thursday (8/19)with photo of it on dealer lot. Told me I could pick up later that day if available. Had some other stuff going on but said probably today, don’t rush the PDI, make sure VIN matches title paperwork, VIN and miles etc….

The items scheduled for Friday were completed Thursday and called back to say I could pick up Friday after all. Ran through PDI/cleanig, fuel, temp tag, dealer installed wheel locks etc…..

Ran up yesterday took dealer rep home with me, he took a dealer tag and drove the other trade back to dealer.

Here comes the happy ending that would make a Hollywood producer cry…..

2021 Tahoe Premier. Midnight Blue/Jet black, loaded about only thing missing was the previously mentioned Aito Stop, wireless Charging, steering column lock and the obvious fuel, VIN verification, temp tag etc…. Everything set when I arrived even set up my OnStar account and my Chevy app.

Moral of the long story is don’t give up. If your even remotely considering a new purchase what ever vehicle it is might consider real soon before inventory picks up and used trade in values nosedive….

yes if I searched more I could find identical twin but this was, reasonably close, equipment packages, color combination and only about 75 miles from my home…

Had I specced one out, could be two weeks, could be six months on back order.

They could require a trade reappraisal if too long on arrival date.

I know this story was long but a happy ending.

I look forward to getting feedback from other owners, hopefully constructive and informative and providing same.

aThere is another part to the happy ending but phone is about to die, I will save that for next post.

Greetings again or as we say in TX Howdy Y’ all!!!…
Took me 46 years to be able to say that as a fairly common greeting without sounding like I was a douche or trying to hard to fit in.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

This story did not happen unless you post pics! C'mon man! :cool:

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach!

Glad you found the sweet spot and got your Tahoe! Excellent choice.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please. If no pics, it does not exist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01