Add or replace onstar communication module in Cadillac Escalade 2021

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

franz_kafka

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi and greetings,

I have a version of Cadillac Escalade 2021 which was shipped to Europe (Prague, Czech republic) without the wifi capability. I don't have any mention of wifi or 4G connection in the settings, nor I can connect to the vehicle hotspot. While I understand that OnStar services as such are limited to North America, I'd love to have at least the connectivity capability for the CUE. I mean I have a separate 4G modem installed in the vehicle for my kids connecting during the trips, however my built-in navigation can't fetch traffic info to re-route the jams, the CUE can't be updated over the air. Also, my third-party 4G modem cannot utilize the vehicle on-roof antenna.

I've searched for onstar communication module replacements and the part numbers, and I got plenty of hits for the former Cadillac models, but absolutely no mention of 2021. I guess this would be shared with Tahoe and Yukon. If I find one, I could put in a local mobile operator SIM card and be happy. Could anyone advise?

Thanks a lot.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Highly doubt it's possible to get it all working. While you could add the HDW, you would need the software enablement to actually use the hardware, and to date, nobody has been able to crack this secure platform...so, guessing, because it was an export model, the software enablement is not turned on.

OP
OP
F

franz_kafka

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My service guys actually already flashed the CUE with new version for a normal non-restricted car after a long call with GM (there was an issue with no sound when calling with Bluetooth, which is now resolved), and it works, so if there is an onstar unit from, say, a scrape yard, I'd give it a shot. I just don't know what to look for.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My service guys actually already flashed the CUE with new version for a normal non-restricted car after a long call with GM (there was an issue with no sound when calling with Bluetooth, which is now resolved), and it works, so if there is an onstar unit from, say, a scrape yard, I'd give it a shot. I just don't know what to look for.
Here's what comes up in the parts catalog for OnStar modules on a '21 Escalade - They note super-cruise, but I'm not sure what the other difference is to drive the need for four part numbers...

1696521475100.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan