Active fuel management mods?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

totheyard

Reaction score
soulsea,
So do you get 10-12 mpg ish? Its nothing bad like 8 mpg?!

So Burb,
You do have experience. Give up your reasons why you prefer shutting off the AFM. Do you have a difference in mpg with the AFM off?

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
11-12 is exactly where I usually end up ... 90% city driving, 4cyl disabled, and 22s.

OP
OP
T

totheyard

Reaction score
Thats not bad considering our Yukon gets 12mpg in the city on stock tune/ 20in. wheels. The wife does hit the freeway 40 miles one way for work. Hope this new tune doesn't hurt the fuel to much!

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Norman it really depends what kind of tune you want.

BB does tunes tailored to mpg, towing, performance, octane rating, shift points, etc ... you basically tell them what you're trying to achieve and they tailor a tune to your needs.

In my case, the clumsy denali transmission was driving me nuts hesitating/bogging down between 1 > 2 > 3, so everything was first and foremost to remedy that, then to get the most out of my engine with 93 octane fuel, mpg wasn't a priority although I was pleased that it didn't drop much ... but like I said, talk to them and they'll tell you what is possible and what you can expect.

They're good people.

OP
OP
T

totheyard

Reaction score
Serge,
Thanks for the reply! You are right, I suppose someone buying a 6.2 V8 probably doesn't need to get 30mpg! So it might be the AFM shutter in combination with the sloppy shifting? I believe you about the "good people" comment. I have ordered an exhaust from them (very helpful). I just thought there would be more custom tune consumers that would chime in. I have seen a lot of aftermarket tuning in peoples signatures.

AmazinglySmooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Denali XL and never notice when it switches between 4 and 8. I'd take it back to the dealer.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sloppy shifting is a common issue for all the 6 speed/6.2L vehicles that are 07+. I have that issue on my escalade and can't wait for a BB tune in my area.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make sure you get approval first Felix :lol2:

OP
OP
T

totheyard

Reaction score
I read one of those tech notices from a search. GM will not do any warranty work for the AFM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jsimon