Acronyms ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eric P

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there a glossary list of all the acronyms being used to describe the various types, parts, functions on-for the Tahoes & Yukons?? I see so many being used within all the posts but I'm just not hip to them all.....

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a glossary list of all the acronyms being used to describe the various types, parts, functions on-for the Tahoes & Yukons?? I see so many being used within all the posts but I'm just not hip to them all.....

Not per se. Most are initialisms and not acronyms, such as "AFM". A lot of 'em could be forum-specific, like a vernacular native to TYF. These would get mixed in with the official ones such as "VATS" or "FLIR" (acronymns) and "ABS" or "CKP" (initialisms).

Just gonna have to ask until you learn! Or, piece it together in the context. At least we don't talk like millennials and teens, yk?

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not per se. Most are initialisms and not acronyms, such as "AFM". A lot of 'em could be forum-specific, like a vernacular native to TYF. These would get mixed in with the official ones such as "VATS" or "FLIR" (acronymns) and "ABS" or "CKP" (initialisms).

Just gonna have to ask until you learn! Or, piece it together in the context. At least we don't talk like millennials and teens, yk?

You were the first one that popped into my head when I saw this thread :D

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
By the way @Eric P, when @89Suburban talks about "popped into my head", you don't want to ask what that means. That head has been in places you don't want to know about, especially this close to Halloween. That is a whole other can of worms. Also, don't ask what "can of worms" means either.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the way @Eric P, when @89Suburban talks about "popped into my head", you don't want to ask what that means. That head has been in places you don't want to know about, especially this close to Halloween. That is a whole other can of worms. Also, don't ask what "can of worms" means either.

Worms? They're more like tadpoles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tim j