A/C Pressure Relief Valve?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GeorgiaWillie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone knows where the high pressure relief valve is on the 2015+ Tahoe/Yukons?

My 2015 Tahoe was blowing hot earlier in the spring, and I was adding freon as needed. Unfortunately, not knowing the exact amount in the system, I added too much and (I think) blew the high pressure relief valve (the fan suddenly engaged at high speed and the pressure shot over 400psi, followed by a plume of what I can only assume was refrigerant).

I later discovered that the original leak was due to the faulty condenser issue with the newer models. I swapped out the condenser, but still seem to have a leak. Knowing I once probably blew the relief valve, my guess is that it didn't re-seat fully. When vacuumed and fully charged w/ the right amount of 134a, the system only lasts about 4 hours before loosing all the 134a. I didn't immediately notice any UV dye anywhere besides the faulty condenser, but I'm planning to hunt down the relief valve tomorrow. Wondering if it is embedded in the high-side hose or mounted on the compressor?

thanks!

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
It’s usually mounted on the back side of the compressor. Sounds like you have a blockage somewhere. Did you happen to notice your lines while inspection? Any signs of lines frozen or excessive condensation on part of the line and other side was dry? I doubt it’s the valve and I’d look else where like accumulator, expansion valve. But you got to start with the known bad which is the condenser as stated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amada

Latest posts