A/C Help pls..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevyrider619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my A/C was running good even with these days getting up to 100+ temps.. neway it doesn't blow cold at all, and the clutch dont engage.. I plug my gauge to check how much freon it had and there wasnt ANY pressure or freon but remember clutch dont engage either. I would appreciate some light, sure is a little hot out here to have fam w/o A/C..:emotions122::banghead:

Broken Truck

Reaction score
Well my A/C was running good even with these days getting up to 100+ temps.. neway it doesn't blow cold at all, and the clutch dont engage.. I plug my gauge to check how much freon it had and there wasnt ANY pressure or freon but remember clutch dont engage either. I would appreciate some light, sure is a little hot out here to have fam w/o A/C..:emotions122::banghead:

Sounds like a leak...

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
you can go to napa or autozone and pick up some 134a recharge kits. Try to get the one that has a dye in it. If this happens again you can take a black light to it and look around to see where the leak is coming from

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The clutch will not engage if it is empty. As stated above get the self refill kits, get the stuff with the dye in it to help find the leak. I did this earlier this year, I lost a full charge in a week. I got the refill kit and some leak stop (it was worth a shot if I am going to replace stuff anyway) and so far so good. 1 month later topper it off with a can and blowing cold. I will replace stuff this fall when the weather cools down.

Hook the can up and run the AC on MAX, the instructions are on the can. It is so easy, once you get some fluid in there the compressor should kick back on. Good luck

OP
OP
Chevyrider619

Chevyrider619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing i forgot to mention.. About close to a month ago some idiot 4m a shop OVER filled it, i went to pep boys and i bought a can of frreon cause it wasnt cooling enough and the dude says wait ur a/c is over filled and it can lock up ur compressor so i released some freon and sure enough it was cooling in there like a champ.. So now a few weeks later the clutch dont engage. should i try that freon with dye still. appreciate ur help fellows

Broken Truck

Reaction score
Is there zero pressure in the system? Even when my clutch isn;t engaged I have pressure.

If you are at zero then I would vacuum it down and see if it holds 30 inches for a while.

If it does hold, you can use the vacuum to start filling the system even though the compresor is off.

Yes, you will need a vacuum pump and gauges but they aren;t all that expensive and the money you save will pay for them.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1) Take it to a SEARS auto center and get a A/C recharge for 126.99. First they will put it thru a leak test and if it fails they will tell you where. The one I work at doesn't do A/C work niether any of our sister stores in the NY area.

I had a leak in my EVAP. I picked up a can of Stop Leak 134a A/C stuff and it worked like a charm. Saved my 5.3hrs! My A/C clutch is sticky bc of the goop but it broke free and stopped making noise! Best $25 I ever spent from NAPA. Been running cold 2 weeks strong.

BWdiver

Reaction score
plus if the system has discharged compleatly you will have air in the system plus moisture and would have lost the oil which keeps your compresser lubricated.

you will need to find the leak, and replace orfis tube and dryer and recharge.

Green monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much freon does our Hoe's take? My high pressure valve is leaking and Monday gonna replace it and recharge the system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amada

Latest posts