A/C blows, no air out vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

Texast224

Reaction score
Sunlit, here is another question for you. So I haven't taken the control unit out yet to see what the backside looks like, will do that in the morning. But this week, yesterday had a new issue.

Drive home from work, and it doesn't blow cold at all, even though several hours before it worked fine. Can't hear the compressor clutch engaging at all. Half way home it starts to get cooler, then gets really cold, ice cold, the fades away again. Does the same one more time although not as cold before I get home.

So get home pop the hood with engine still running, compressor cycling like it is low on freon (or R12 or what ever). That methodical repetitive cycling you get when it is low, receiver was not cold. This versus before when it used to cycle 3x a second and I would get flashing lights with recirc and AC button on controller.

This morning started the same, just cool air like only the vent was blowing, then 20 minutes later slowly got cold, then got ice cold, so much so I had to turn it off, then turned it back on an it started to get warmer again.

Then on way home could hear compressor cluch engaging, but the Tahoe would kick every time the clutch cycled, as if undue strain was being put on system.

So now I'm wondering is the compressor going out screwing up the signal to the controller causing my issues, or still likely the controller all together. I don't think I'm low on coolant since it worked fine yest morning then flat out didn't work, would think a system leak would get worse over time, plus it would cool intermittently. Or maybe both are malfunctioning.

Need to get a new controller and see of that solves problem but wondering if maybe anything else now - if not both. Thx

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
The compressor does not talk back to the controller. I really think you need to inspect the control head for loose or damaged bulbs and wires first.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Codered5557