A better radiator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy an OEM one. Just because it has a lifetime warranty doesn’t mean it’s better. How many times do you want to replace it? Time is worth something.

Last edited:

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a champion it wasnt that expensive. It did however come with a extra steam port that i welded up, Ironically im doing a ls swap and now wish i had the steam port back

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the radiator on my 1999 Tahoe with a solid metal one. It cost an arm & a leg but it was worth it ($800). The plastic/aluminum ones just crack too often. It adds a little weight but you won't notice any change in your performance.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1800radiator.com they give a lifetime warranty
My OEM radiator had a crack in it at 143k. I just replaced mine with a radiator from 1800radiator.com. They had a great price, had one in stock for my truck within reasonable distance to go and pick up, and I was concerned that the radiator would not have the restrictor in place for the back flow to the surge tank like the factory radiator does, like I had read in a few threads and guys were having issues with. And to my surprise the new radiator had the exact same restrictor in place that the factory one does. Works like it’s supposed to. In fact my buddy just got done with the swap at the custom shop he works for. So far so good. Got some more driving to do for work so I’ll report back but should be good to go.

3dirtwheels

Reaction score
You're not gonna go wrong with OEM, I recently swapped my original 5.7 for an HT383E and haven't had any issues with my Holley Frostbite, but I've only driven about 1500 miles.

GoToGuyRon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When you say "OEM" , you saying ACDelco, or over the counter at the chevy dealer parts? Delphi was one of the original equiptment assembly suppliers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645