99 Tahoe 4x4 not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff ashworth

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My Tahoe does nothing when I push the button to lock in T case and front diff. , I have changed the shift switch, shift motor and front actuator, and still nothing. I can pull the fuse out of the 4x4 spot in fuse block and when I put it back in I hear a noise in the T case control module behind the light switch in the dash. does that mean it is bad or what?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Tahoe does nothing when I push the button to lock in T case and front diff. , I have changed the shift switch, shift motor and front actuator, and still nothing. I can pull the fuse out of the 4x4 spot in fuse block and when I put it back in I hear a noise in the T case control module behind the light switch in the dash. does that mean it is bad or what?
What do you mean when you say you changed the shift switch? Are you referring to the push button switch assembly on the dash?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes the push button switch in the dash
I hate throwing parts at a problem so I may ask a lot of questions. Others may chime in as well, which is nice, to get some different thoughts on this.

What brand of selector switch did you put in. Dorman and other aftermarket brands have a reputation of premature failures so I try and stick with OEM if possible for mission critical parts.

When you press any button on your 4WD selector switch nothing happens, correct? Do the indicator lights change?

Do you have a way to verify that you are getting voltage out of the selector switch?

I’m looking for the pin-out for the Transfer Case control module to see where you should check for voltage going into it.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Run tests like has been recommended and then you may find this is the culprit. Unless this is the shift motor you are talking about:

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=2002474&cc=1353721&jsn=2316

Or maybe this:

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=6355122&cc=1353721&jsn=2323

But please do some tests and there is recommended tests stated here by Wade and also found on you tube.

Plus, as part of the testing/inspection, make sure all connections are clean and tight and none of the spades pushed out of the connector housing.

OP
OP
J

jeff ashworth

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well thanks you all for the helpful info. I have replaced all the other parts except the Transfer case control module and so far I have not found it in the dash.

OP
OP
J

jeff ashworth

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I found the TCCM under the dash, is there any way to test that TCCM before i buy one of them like all the other parts I have been throwing at it. well I went and took the TCCM out is there a way to test it, numbers on it 15049679- 33870 TZ4EH1609428KK- 17:41-05.

Last edited: