98 Tahoe locks problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S Shumaker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK... this is a new one on me. My 98 2door tahoe with rear tailgate/window has suddenly started cycling the locks on doors and rear window repeatedly. Cycling occurs in sequence one after the other, SOMETIMES all three but not always. Confirmed that it's not either key fob but have no other clue as to what's happening. FWIW, spouse thinks it only happens when the vehicle is in direct sun. Tahoe is in good condition electrically except for rear wiper is inop. All locks have always worked without issue. Pulling docs to find the appropriate fuse as a potential interim solution but hoping for suggestions on where to look for a problem source.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve read where some had a bad door lock relay cause that as well. The relay and the remote control module are somewhere under the dash…

IMG_8178.jpeg
IMG_8177.jpeg

OP
OP
S

S Shumaker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments! There's been no major work done in a long time. I'm about ready to replace the dash with an intact one so I'll have all the wiring areas for it openly accessible. Tested the FOBs first thing - no effect. It actually does get much more noticeable in full sunlight. I'm stumped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts