97 tahoe amp grounding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marbor

Reaction score
Morning all

I'm kind of in a bind here with trying to ground my 5 ch amp for better sound.

I've tried the seat bolts, rear net carage bolts and other grounding areas in the rear. None seem to work properly I get a faint light on my amp, but when I move it around it will light up quickly and off again.
I've grinded down the areas as well for better contact and nothing. When I run a line to the battery and engine area it works fine. What can be my issue? I did the same set up in my yukon xl and grounded to the seat bolts and worked properly. Anything different here?

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try improving battery ground to body. Grounds are 1/2 of the circuit. Good luck.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Just curious if you got a better ground yet?

I removed paint from the floor pan about 6” away from the amp (shorter ground wire, the better. Less resistance). Screwed it in and sprayed rubberized paint on it. No issues here.

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have always done decent using seat bolts ect. by wiggling, and by using a different line to the battery makes it work, makes me wonder if the wire is bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans